• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symmetry brush tool disappeared

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey has anyone had their symmetry brush tool disappear on Windows? I think it might've happened with the recent update.

Here's a screenshot of my Mac computer on the previous update (19.1.2) with the symmetry tool highlightedmac-photoshop-symmetry.jpg

and here's my Windows computer on the new update (19.1.3) with the missing the symmetry tool.windows-photoshop-symmetry-missing.PNG

Is there a setting that was just changed or a new feature that was added to replace the tool? To be honest I'm not sure if my Windows version has ever had the tool since I only tried to use it recently. Is there a setting I need to change to enable it?

Thanks

- Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Hi Chris,

You need to enable this feature; it is Off by default.

New features summary | January 2018 and October 2017 releases of Photoshop CC

New in the October 2017 release

Default state: Off

Photoshop now lets you paint symmetrically while using the Brush, Pencil, and Eraser tools. While using these tools, click the butterfly icon () in the Options bar. Choose from the several available types of symmetry. Paint strokes are reflected live across the line of symmetry, allowing for easier sketching

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

You need to enable this feature; it is Off by default.

New features summary | January 2018 and October 2017 releases of Photoshop CC

New in the October 2017 release

Default state: Off

Photoshop now lets you paint symmetrically while using the Brush, Pencil, and Eraser tools. While using these tools, click the butterfly icon () in the Options bar. Choose from the several available types of symmetry. Paint strokes are reflected live across the line of symmetry, allowing for easier sketching of faces, cars, animals, and more.

To enable this feature, select Preferences > Technology Previews > Enable Paint Symmetry.

cheers,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines