• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch discs full, photoshop doesn't open and I've already deleted everything off my startup disc.

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything, browsed every discussion and it still won't work.

This morning I was working on a project when photoshop cc suddenly crashed and when I tried to start it up again it said the scratch discs were full and ps couldn't be launched. This has happened before, but then I could still open ps to change my scratch disc settings.

So basically I then spent the entire afternoon deleting everything of my MacBook. Scratch files etc. Even tried to use the shortcut for the scratch disc menu, but nothing worked. I still can't open photoshop.

If someone could help me I would be eternally grateful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try starting Photoshop immediately if not sooner press and hold Mac keys CMD and Options.   Photoshop should open a dialog so you can edit your scratch disks configuration. Add an Additional scratch or change your current Scratch to a drive that has more free space,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after all this deletion, how much free space do you actually have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Windows OS go to RUN from the search in your start icon and write this command %temp% and delete all of these temp files.

If you are using Mac OS go to Library>Caches and delete all cache files.

or

1. Open a Finder window and select “Go to Folder” in the Go menu.
  2. Type in ~/Library/Caches and hit enter to proceed to this folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have a Ps temp file that is using all the remaining space. Try to see where the scratch file is located, and if any file starting with Temp#### (where # is a number) is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all the things you mentioned and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't done all the things, since you haven't answered my question:

So, after all this deletion, how much free space do you actually have?

If you don't know how to find out, please say whether you have Mac or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of free space. My scratch disc is also my startup disc and I'm pretty sure I mention that I have Mac in my original question..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gooie dag, how much space do you have on your hard drive?

Did you try to reset the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Mac OS hold Cmd+Opt+Shift at Photoshop startup and you will reset the prefs.  Then Quit and start it again. 

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't say "a lot". Please tell us how much. Exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Did you restart your MacBook? Did you delete the preferences, and got an prompt asking you if you did want to do so, and clicked yes? If you did everythi in this discussion, try an uninstall-reinstall...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines