• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove this very annoying thing?

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest version of Photoshop came these annoying pictures.  How do I get rid of this one?  It keeps coming up and covers my actions and usually my pallets (or whatever the term de jure is) at the most inopportune moment.

i97^cimgpsh_orig.jpg

. Windows 10 -- Premiere Elements 2018 -- Photoshop CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the new Learn Panel open? Check under Windows Menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean is the Learn panel checked, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Edit > Preferences > Tools, un-check "Use Rich Tooltips".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned Rich Tool Tips off a while ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you quit Photoshop and reopened it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have also rebooted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another reference to this in the forum that is still unanswered. It seems that turning off Rich Tool Tips and rebooting worked temporarily for one user however it came back. I wonder, and this is a long shot, if you click on the link rather than dismiss it whether it will go away? Maybe once it's been clicked through that might work? I'll try it next time it pops up on my mbp. That would be rather off putting if that ends up working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, fix this.

We are paying customers. We don't want advertisement while working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another thread with the same problem Disable Popups for Adobe Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i_am_jim

This forum is answered predominantly by volunteer users. I believe that box should not be appearing repeatedly once closed. It certainly does not re-appear here unless I rest preferences.

However I suggest you raise it as a bug using the link below. That forum is monitored by Adobe staff who can pass it on to the developers.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rich toool tips has been turned off since installing, never had the "learn" panel open, ever. Get this EVERY TIME i free transform a  layer.

I cannot stress quite how utterly infuriating this is, especially as i am a 3D designer and artist and i would NEVER use that toy for 3D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. So annoying and no way to disable it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just install Dimension, it will probably send the ad away for good. Dimension is a lot better than you think for adding 3D objects to 2D images. I don't use it much, but it seems to me to have a lot of the features of a 3D app except for the modelling tools, but scores highly by reducing the complexity of 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Dimension installed. This alert still comes up every single time I free transform any layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's a pity. I just did a search and it looks as if this is a known issue. Pete Green is on staff at Adobe and says it's acknowledged. Unfortunately the thread below is 4 months old now and it still is affecting some people. I have Rich Tips turned off and Dimensions installed and can't get the popup to appear with perspective transform, but that's computers for you. Unless it is OS dependant-I'm on Windows as is Dave.

Re: Disable Popups for Adobe Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue and when I clicked on the link the popup stopped showing up. For awhile I would try to ignore it but clicking through made it go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines