Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Specific Pen Delay (not lag)

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've spent a few hours googling and can't seem to find anything that has fixed the issue. It's quite simple, when I draw in photoshop sometimes the line takes 1-2 seconds before it appears, then it will instantly snap to where I'm drawing like it did a quick catch-up and then is completely fine with 0 lag or anything. describing this as lag and not some sort of delay seems the right thing, as it's not showing signs of any of the lag you see on the 'FIX PS LAG' videos.

I've tested in other Adobe products and it's perfectly fine, downloaded other drawing programs to test and there is 0 issue, seems to only be with PS. Can anyone think of anything to assist? I've already downed the performance settings changes, disabled some of the useless windows stuff, reinstalled drivers and removed old Wacom tablet drivers.

My system/PC specs are fine, got a new system last week.

Using a Huion GT 191

Latest drivers and version of PS.

RECORDED A VIDEO OF IT: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12zD0Jdl_Fl22zNrEvxXxpvdAdf9LpgPr/view (can really notice it in the last few seconds)

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me, if I find a fix in the meantime I'll post it below.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

I removed the same update that causes pen to move canvas instead of draw and it seemed to magically fix the issue. Can mark as resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the same update that causes pen to move canvas instead of draw and it seemed to magically fix the issue. Can mark as resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same issue as you did.  Which update did you delete and how did you do so?  Was it a Photoshop update or a tablet update?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Removing the Windows update worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines