• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE MEDIA SERVER DOES NOT INSTALL ALL THE SOFTWARE ON LINUX

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue sice we bought the Adobe Media Server, first the support of ADOBE never answer, really does not exist; second when we proced with the installation of the software on Linux does not install the Apache and the manual said it is installed and the whole software does not work if you do not make a big effort to try to install and anyway gives problem; installing on Windows it is a lousy installation because works but that embedded installation it is very restrictive and also it is not natural for windows run apache and the software finally does not work well,  we spent  US$ 6000 in very defective software and no one on ADOBE answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Media Server is announced EOL and support is not available unless you have an existing support contract available. Please refer to EOL matrix here.

With that said, you can post any specific errors\logs you have related to the problem above and I can check for anything that stands out.

Regards

Sanjeev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sanjeev,

There is no logs about this issue on linux, simply after the install and with all installed like the instructions said there , that why we made the installation on windows but most the time we had errors on memory or the resources on CPU high to 100%.

Why the linux installation des not work?

Thank you

Regards

JOSE LUIS PALACIOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jose,

Can you please confirm the AMS version you are using? And the version of Linux machine you are using it on?

Further, what you describe on Windows seems to be a memory-leak issue with Apache, you can check for related help on Apache's discussion site - https://www.apachelounge.com/.

Regards

Sanjeev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sanjeev,

Adobe Media Server Pro, CentOS Linux 6.6 (64 bit)

Also I attached the proof of buy, also we need to reset the e-mail who got the registration.

Thanks

Regards

JOSE LUIS PALACIOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sanjeev,

I already answered to you that and also I sent you the file with the proof of buy, again I

Adobe Media Server Pro 5.0, CentOS Linux 6.6 (64 bit)

Also I attached the proof of buy, also we need to reset the e-mail who got the registration.

The related helper does not help too much, I will not surf in hundreds of possible answers for an specific problem when the company who sold me the software does not help directly; when you have an embedded system like AMS using a program not designed for windows and running in a simulated environment for run like in this case you will have issues like I mentioned before, we have an optimum machine running and the only solution is running in Linux not in Windows. I need know why the software for Linux does not work properly.

Here is the actual hardware configuration for the windows AMS:

Thanks

Regards

JOSE LUIS PALACIOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines