• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser Renders Colors Incorrectly

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently used the email function to send several photographs. However when I opened the email in Chrome and opened the photos, the colors were rendered severely different from the photo. If I open the same email and photo in Microsoft Edge, the colors are rendered appropriately and are correct. The problem occurs on multiple machines and monitors. I have used the email function before and had never had this problem. I have the same problem if I export and then email a photo. I recently upgraded to the latest release of LR Classic CC 7.3. This has me perplexed and I would be grateful if anyone can shed any light on it at all.

Here is an example of the different renderings. The photo on the left is opened in Gmail on Chrome while the photo on the left is opened in Gmail on MS Edge.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use chrome or edge but maybe Chrome isn't color managed.

Check this site to find out.    https://photographylife.com/is-your-browser-color-managed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help, Bob It appears Chrome is color managed. When I viewed the photos at the referenced web site, they appeared identical. However, more research led me to making sure the Color Space for export is set to sRGB. It was previously not set. After setting it and sending in another email the colors rendered correctly in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines