• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to install a second copy (per EULA)

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a single user license for RoboHelp 7. I need to install a second copy of the software on my laptop. Have not been successful yet.

Section 2.5 ("Portable or Home Computer Use") of the EULA expressly permits a single license user to install a second copy of the software on a laptop. However, the software activation mechanism prevents this. I installed the software, but it will not run until activated. Attempts to activate it result in an error about the software license already being activated and giving me the choice of deactivating the copy on my desktop (my main machine).

I have only a limited time need for this second copy. The very specific purpose is to have a copy of the software on my laptop to show my RoboHelp work to potential employers during interviews. This complies with the EULA as I would not be using the software simultaneously on my other computer at home. Once I get a job, I have no need for this second copy and would uininstall it.

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Indeed you can install on a second machine but without doubt the copy you are using has been activated twice already. This can occur if your machine has been reformatted and you did not deactivate first. Maybe your desktop machine was changed and you installed on the new machine without deactivating on the old one. Could a colleague have installed it to take a look?

Go back to the activation screen and it will advise you what to do. You need to phone the number that you can find there and explain the problem. I had this after a hard disk failure and was given an activation number.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2009 Feb 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I believe that I might have had a crash since the last activation. I will call the number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The poster, Mr Grainge, provided the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp