• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG with Alpha Workarounds

LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These several workarounds have been posted by users here, I'm listing them together for use by all the community.

----------------

Find the original png file in the project viewer, right click -> Modify -> Interpret Footage.

Under the Alpha Channel category, select "Conform Alpha Premultiplication To:

And also select the box: Premultiplied Alpha

-----------------

Haven't got time to go back though the thread to see if someone else has come up with this but the only way to fix it is to replace all of the .png files as .psd.  Finished a TVC this morning full of .png graphics and animations.  Saved them all as .psd and it's perfect.

-------------------

brought all my PNGs into After Effects and saved them as .MOV files with transparent backgrounds.

If you don't know how to save with transparent backgrounds, this was helpful: Quick Tip: Exporting with Alpha Channels in After Effects - The Beat: A Blog by PremiumBeat

I then brought the new MOV files into Premiere and put them in place of the PNGs. It was annoying to add the transitions all over again, but it worked! Deleting all PNGs from my project helped too. Anytime there was just one in the sequence, my whole video would render messed up. I too had a deadline today, and spent about 4 hours trying to figure out the problem. This was the best solution I could find for the time being.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this is of course not yet sorted, it's probably necessary for many folks to try these. It would be helpful if folks posted their success ... or not ... with any of the above steps.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me was to Nest my sequence where the PNG is used, fixed the issue immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a fascinating tidbit! Have you passed this info along on the new page li k they have for "feedback"?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Nesting, It didn't work.

Using MAC 12 core, 32 Gb ram, 4 Gb Quadro 4800

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried nesting. Didn't work for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for us. Are you doing anything else than simply Nesting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I literally nested my image sequence on my timeline. Fixed issue in preview and in render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alpha Channel workaround did not work for me. Changing the file to PSD resolved the issue. Did not try nesting.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have an animated PSD image sequence?

THanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried taking my PNG animations to after effects and they are having issues there as well. So I reverted back to older version of premiere and the problem followed. Not sure what to do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverted back to 2017 but the problem is still there upon exporting. Production has halted on some projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry ... that's painful, I know. Hoping this is fixed soon.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted to an earlier version of Premiere and the .png issue was not visible but I noticed the problem in the Media Encoder preview so I went to an earlier version of Media Encoder and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned all my .pngs into Illustrator files and brought them back into my project and replaced them and it's worked everytime for me.  Still REALLY annoying though, took me a long time to work this out and wasted a lot of time.  I wish Adobe could pay me for the time this has cost me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TIFF for the win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, the solution to this is converting your PNG's to TIFFs. Its a pain, but it solved my problems.

Just wish Adobe's Twitter support told me that. Versus the stock "a fix is coming" response.

Thank god for these forums and you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out today's release of Premiere Pro 12.1.1 and let us know if you are still seeing problems with PNGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having issues here in 2019. But only with my editing machine, home machine and peers work machines don't... updated all drivers. 1070 ti video card...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which number-dot-number version of Pr?

Where are the media with alpha being created?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines