• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I updated Java and CS5.5 won't work on my Mac High Sierra 10.13.4.....

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Java and CS5.5 won't work on my Mac High Sierra 10.13.4.  Can anyone help me to get this running?

Thank you,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

That message indicates that the installation didn't work properly. Part of the application is missing. You need to remove the entire setup and reinstall from scratch.

Understand that CS5.5 is no longer supported and your best bet is to upgrade to CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe on a Mac Adobe may use some system Java installing Photoshop.  Once Photoshop  is installed Photoshop Scripts written in Javascript are process via Photoshop's  Plug-in.  Look at your  Photoshop menu Help>System Info.  In there make sure it is loading. ie you should see something like this listed:   ScriptingSupport version xxx.xx - from the file “ScriptingSupport.8li”

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJJMack,

I cannot open Photoshop now.  After it asked to upgrade Java SE 6, I'm getting this Mac Error Message:

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/ahclient.framework/Versions/A/ahclient

Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5.1/Adobe Photoshop CS5.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CS5.1

Reason: image not found

Thanks for trying and your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your getting the Java required message to open photoshop cs5.1, then you need the Java SE 6 from apple.

Download Java for OS X 2017-001

If it's something else not working, then you'll have to be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff thank you for the response.  When I originally tried to open a file I got the message that I had to install Java SE 6.  I followed the link, but once it was installed it wouldn't start.  I cannot go into Photoshop'a menu.  I now get a Mac message that says in the paragraph:

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/ahclient.framework/Versions/A/ahclient

Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5.1/Adobe Photoshop CS5.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CS5.1

Any help would be appreciated and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use any virus scanning software on your mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message indicates that the installation didn't work properly. Part of the application is missing. You need to remove the entire setup and reinstall from scratch.

Understand that CS5.5 is no longer supported and your best bet is to upgrade to CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lumigraphics,

Thank you for taking the time to look thru my error messages.  I did as you suggested, completely uninstalled it, then reinstalled it.  As it's an older version, it just wouldn't install and kept asking to unmount the file.  I opened up the Terminal file I believe in Contents and dragged it to the Terminal Window.  Worked right out of the gate.

Thank you so much.  I like most of the world have been using Adobe for a long time.  Awesome that even though it's an older version I was still able to get the help I needed.

Best regards,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,
I downloaded this and it didn't start Photoshop.  I'm getting this message now from Mac:

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Thanks for the reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Yes, I use Webroot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried disabling Webroot and staring Photoshop.  That didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines