• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searchable PDF

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. We currently save our invoice payments in a PDF using the transaction number as the file name. (i.e. GAX 18_9999). How can I tag these or make them searchable so that when I type in a vendor name, all the pdfs associated with that vendor appear?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

I think I may have solved this. Looks like I can open Adobe and go to edit/advance search and fill in the information and it will find all the files that contain what I am looking for. A couple didn't pull so I put the information in the metadata section and they showed up.

I think I just wasn't searching properly.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I completely understand your need/scenario, but perhaps by adding the vendor name into the file's metadata or keyword list, it could be a way.  If you go to a PDF's properties (File>Properties, or cmd/ctrl D, you can enter keywords or other meta data there.  You'd need to save the file after adding the metadata.

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the information, I tried this, but when I did a search in Adobe, there were no results found. I'll keep trying. I'm sure there is a way. When I did a google search, I found information about adding a tag. Tried that also and not having any luck. Maybe I'm missing a step.

Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a bit more information might be helpful.

Where/what are you using for your searching?  Are you using Acrobat's Find or Search function, or are you in your operating system and trying to search a specific folder?  Also, what is your operating system?

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have solved this. Looks like I can open Adobe and go to edit/advance search and fill in the information and it will find all the files that contain what I am looking for. A couple didn't pull so I put the information in the metadata section and they showed up.

I think I just wasn't searching properly.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great - that is precisely the direction I was going to point you!  The Search feature is very powerful, and most people only seem use Find, which is considerably less capable, IMHO.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines