• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Would like Premiere 12.01 and 12.1 on Mac at the same time?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two projects—one is in 12.01 and won't work in 12.1 (says all the links are broken, reported the same audio/video problems as others, so I had to stick with the earlier version of the program) and the other was created in 12.1 so cannot be used in the previous version. Is there any way to have both on the computer (Mac) and I can open the one I need? When I try, the Creative Cloud installer tells me it will uninstall the previous version. Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

You can't have both 12.01 and 12.1 installed at the same time on the same computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't have both 12.01 and 12.1 installed at the same time on the same computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru BobYou can't have both 12.01 and 12.1 installed at the same time on the same computer.

Why not?  It's an option for me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim_Simon ,

I read a post by an Adobe Staff member, I believe, this week that said only one whole number (the number to the left of the decimal) version may be installed at a time and that installing 12.1 will overwrite 12.01.  It said that you can go back to 12.01, but will lose 12.1.

If is possible that I misread or am remembering incorrectly.  I'll try to find the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

You are correct only one version of 12.x can be installed at a time. If you choose 12.1 it will overwrite all 12.X version and if 12.0.1 it will wipe 12.1. Also, it gives you this message once you try to install any older version of same version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.  Thanks guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your helpful comments, everybody. Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines