• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing photos makes lightroom ad some changes to the photos

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

importing photos makes lightroom ad some changes to the photos i don't want.

Ive been importing no problem at all and all of sudden lightroom start to make some changes to the photo's automatically. I carefully watch that everything is unchecked when i do my import but still the changes are made. How can i turn this off?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

davids85978952  wrote

Yes I shoot in raw,  a flat image that contains all the info. I want to work with this image, before this was possible. Now lightroom opens up the shadows add brightness etc. Stuff i can not undo and this makes it harder for me to because i have to manually undo everything tone down the sharpness,   camera settings you name it. It never did this before !!! I was until recently able to start with the flat image.

It sounds like you either apply a preset on import (maybe without

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are importing RAW photos (are you?), this is perfectly normal and cannot be turned off. Lightroom uses the JPG preview inside the RAW file to display the photo initially, and then after Lightroom has time to make it's own rendition of the RAW photo, it shows that to you.

You can apply develop presets at the time of import so that the initial rendering of the photo is more to your liking (for example, higher contrast, higher saturation, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I shoot in raw,  a flat image that contains all the info. I want to work with this image, before this was possible. Now lightroom opens up the shadows add brightness etc. Stuff i can not undo and this makes it harder for me to because i have to manually undo everything tone down the sharpness,   camera settings you name it. It never did this before !!! I was until recently able to start with the flat image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then what has changed? Lightroom always applies default settings. As DJ mentioned, Lightroom first displays the embedded JPEG preview which includes in-camera adjustments that could have been applied to that JPEG preview and probably were applied to the raw image. But Lightroom does not read those adjustments made to the raw images because every camera maker stores those adjustments differently. That's why Lightroom has to provide specific support for each new camera model. You could create new camera defaults that reflect the way you want your raw images to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

davids85978952  wrote

It sounds like you either apply a preset on import (maybe without even realising it), or that you have (again perhaps without realising it) changed the camera defaults. So do two things:

1: Check in the import panel that you do not apply a develop preset on import

2: Select one of those images in the develop module and press the 'Reset' button. Does that not change the settings back to zero? Then you have indeed changed the camera defaults by mistake. In that case, hold the shift-key and press that button again. Its name should change to 'Reset (Adobe)' and the settings should go to zero. Then press that button once again, this time while holding the Alt-key. That allows you to update your camera default to the current settings (and these are the Adobe settings now).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines