• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting catalogue

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried 3 times now, to export my LR classic cc catalog. The export runs for several hours and ends with a failure message.  No idea what is going on...I have about 5000 images in the cat.  Is this to many to export......if I break it down, can I recombine?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5000 images is really a very small catalog, and there shouldn't be any problem exporting it. Is there plenty of disk space on the destination drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have 300gb available.  the message i get is 'unable to complete due to unexpected error"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Lightroom are you using? What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using classic cc, just updated a day or so ago.   Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you choosing the option to include negatives, and are the image files available? In other words, is it possible that the images are on an external hard drive that are not connected? I'm just grabbing at straws here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot.....yes to negatives, and the files are on my pc

Regards;

Frank Raney

12454 Auberry Rd.

Clovis, Ca.

559.297.8577 H

559.304.1751 C

My Website s

Photos for sale are Here

My Facebook

My 500px.com site

My Flicker site

My Photobucket Site 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No screenshot attached. If you're doing this on your phone, "I understand" the phone has to be turned sideways. I don't know because I don't use one. I generally tell people that to attach screenshots is necessary to use your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

been having the same issue for sometime now - can make it happen on three different computers  -  All new with AMD Ryzen and Intel 17 processors - all with over 10tb of free space and all with better than 16gb memory all with high end AMD and Nivida video  6 and 8.and 12 gb

Also all three computers have a clean install of Window 10 pro - one with Home.  No other apps installed except Adobe LR 7.3 and PS

My catalog merges, exports to catalog and or imports from catalog all have the same issue.  Have tried as little as 6 files and many as 100,000 (different file sets used on each computer) same error

key a close eye on your keywords and other meta.   FWIW my problems started with 7.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no answers. I'm just a user and I have very little experience exporting from catalogs. I suggest you describe your problem in the following forum where the developers monitor and respond much more closely than they do here.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it through email, here it is....Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know what to tell you. I'm using Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 on Windows 10 Home Premium. Since I have never really had the reason to export from a catalog I just tried it. Admittedly, it was only a single folder so it isn't any kind of a representation of what you have tried to do. It was only a little over 200 images. All I can say is that it worked the way I expected it to work. I have no suggestions other than to post your question at the link I gave in my previous response. In case you missed that link, here it is again. It is a forum that is much more closely monitored and responded to from the developers.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would check that all of the images in the main catalog are present before trying the export.

Run the "Find All Missing Photos" from the library menu 

It may be getting tripped up by a missing image or corrupted file.

If that does not help are there any videos in the catalog export? Try it without videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea. The small catalog I referred to was created from my most recent shoot, all raw NEF files and no video files. So it probably wasn't a very good test case when compared to the size of catalog he was trying to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oops, my catalog is 67000 not 6000 files, raw and jpg. no movies and no missing files...  I just saw an articel on how to combine catalogs, so maybe I'll try smaller ones,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines