• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom classic cc flickers when I crop

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new computer last week, installed creative cloud and every time I crop in lightroom classic cc it flickers to the previous image and then to the one I'm working on. I have the newest version and my computer is fully updated. What can I do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

This is possibly a conflict with your graphics card. You could try updating your graphics card driver to see if that helps. If not then you could try going to the Lightroom preferences, performance tab, and unchecking the graphics processor option to see if that resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a 2017 iMac Retina 5K - 27 inch - MacOS 10.13.4.  Running Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.

I'm getting the same thing.  When I resize (crop) an image I've been working on in the Develop module, it shows the last image I cropped and then quickly changes to the current image I'm wishing to crop.

Tried dumping the LR caches "Performance > Purge Cache" for both stills and video.  No go.

Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is possibly a conflict with your graphics card. You could try updating your graphics card driver to see if that helps. If not then you could try going to the Lightroom preferences, performance tab, and unchecking the graphics processor option to see if that resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Performance > UNCHECK "Use Graphics Processor" DID correct this on my iMac above.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting to me. I am not a Mac person, have never used one. But my understanding is that the graphics processor support was introduced primarily to support the high-resolution monitors. You might check to see if there is an updated driver for your processor and see that improves the situation. If not you can always disable it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess  ha scritto

The strange thing is that even if the graphics card is listed (I have an imac 2017), only deselecting the option of the graphics processor solves the problem ... that is not a solution, but a paliativo as it is a bug of Lr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I unchecked the graphics processor and it seems to be working now! Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to preferences >> performance - At the bottom, uncheck "Generate previews in parallel"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines