Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting Clips in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I shot a project using a Red Epic and when importing my clips (10 mins in length) into my timeline in Prem, the clips are all split up.

I know that Red does this to save files to the SSD just in case of lose of data - just wondering if there is a way to link these clips together within my timeline so I can edit only one clip rather than multiple?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

tatjanah,

Import spanned clips only via the Media Browser. All should be well then.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a Red user but a Sony EX3 for example also splits clips up clips. With this camera if you copy the whole folder structure Premiere at least sees clips which are split up but belong together as one. If you only copy the clips Premiere does not have the extra information for doing that. Beyond that you can mark all clips you want to treat as one and group them (by rigth-click > group) or you nest them them (right click > nest). Nesting is a more complex concept in Premiere which you may should watch a tutorial for if you are not familiar with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nesting works better than grouping for cutting but note than rendering and encoding time might increase

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tatjanah,

Import spanned clips only via the Media Browser. All should be well then.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines