• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to create PDFs from within Acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgrade to Acrobat Pro 2017.  With previous version of Acrobat Pro, I would be able to create a PDF from a word file, from within Acrobat Pro.  Now when I try to do this I get an error "An unexpected error occurred.  PDFMaker was unable to produce the Adobe PDF."  I'm also unable to select multiple files and create PDFs from within File Explorer; exp: Open File explorer, browser to a folder with .docx files, select 1 (or more), right-click and select Conver to PDF.  It appears to begin to work, with a little progress window popping up, but then I get this error again.  I also noticed that after I get this error, it appears to hold the file open.  The a copy of the file is created in the same location, but it is transparent and is prefixed with ~$. If I try again with the same file I get a different error saying the file is in use and can't be opened.  If I open Task Manager I noticed there are multiple Word.exe process running, and closing them either removes the ~$ file or allows me to at least delete and try to create the PDF again.

Windows 10 1703

Acrobat Pro 2017 170.11.30070

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Hi BillerDude,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with Acrobat. Please use the following link to contact our Support:

Contact Customer Care ( sign in using your Adobe ID to begin > click Adobe Acrobat > Licensing and activation > show me my contact options > and select from chat or phone.

Thanks.
Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have confirmed that this is happening in Windows 7 as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BillerDude,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, try updating Acrobat to the latest patch using "check for updates" option under Help menu. To download updates manually, visit this link: Adobe software and product updates,  reboot the machine after installing update and try again. If that doesn't work, repair Acrobat using "Repair Installation" option under Help menu, reboot the machine and check.

Also, try creating pdf using "Create PDF" option under ACROBAT tab in Word and check if that works.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I’m still having this problem. I’ve confirmed I’m already running the latest version of Acrobat 2017. On other Adobe Acrobat forum threads others had reported a tool had been provided that addressed this issue. Would it be possible to be provide the tools?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the cleaner tool? If yes, you can download cleaner tool from this link: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html. Make sure to deactivate Acrobat before running cleaner tool by launching Acrobat > Help menu > Sign Out. Please refer to this link for more info: Activate and deactivate Adobe products

To reinstall Acrobat, use the installation media for Acrobat 2017 or visit the following link to download replacement installers: Download Acrobat 2017

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, but it still hasn't helped.  I uninstalled Acrobat 2017, tried the cleaner, reinstalled same issue.  Uninstalled both Acrobat 2017 and Reader 2017 ran the cleaner for both, then reinstalled just Acrobat 2017, same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Billh,

Could you try creating a new user account on the machine using the steps given here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-accoun... , login into the account and create pdf from there.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just tried using a different profile and received the same error

message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi BillerDude,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with Acrobat. Please use the following link to contact our Support:

Contact Customer Care ( sign in using your Adobe ID to begin > click Adobe Acrobat > Licensing and activation > show me my contact options > and select from chat or phone.

Thanks.
Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines