• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Fails to Work

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a premiere project with several audio tracks but recently whenever i try to play the project in the timeline the audio doesn't play with it- just the video. The audio isn't muted or low and doesn't have any effects on it, just normal transitions. It seems to work when I set the track to solo play but when solo play is off it's like it's all muted. I deleted cache files, changed workstations, I'm running the latest version of premiere on a 2015 MBP Quadcore and I've tried it on a desktop running 12 threads/6 cores. I figured it might just be a glitch in premiere like the video tearing that showed in the preview window on a previous update.

When I rendered out the project the export has no audio either! Audio is selected, the channels aren't muted or solo'd and it will not export the audio. Anyone else having these issues?

Once I solo'd ALL the audio tracks it exported the audio and I was able to stitch together the video and audio exports for a presentation that morning but that's a bandaid.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

yes others have reported that as well.. toggling solo or mute buttons on and off worked for them

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just heard about this problem from someone else yesterday. Their solution was to go into the Premiere Audio Hardware prefs, switch the output device to something else, hit ok, then go back into the prefs and restore your proper output device. See if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to delete all video and audio previews associated to that project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solid suggestion - fixed one of my issues. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of those suggestions work. The only solution is to solo each layer and then unsolo. This is still happening in 12.1.1 and was also doing the same thing in 12.1

I'm also still having issues with stuttering sound in blank areas of the audio tracks. 12.1 and 12.1.1

Only solution for this is to fill the blank spaces with 0dB audio.

Adobe, please fix these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UpdateL 12.1.1 allows you to solo the audio track and you hear sound, but when all tracks have been solo'd and then unsolo'd you see audio levels, but no audio plays through speakers.

Rolling back to a more stable version until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try playing around with Audio settings in the 'preferences', I feel there is something stuck somewhere

Try to manually delete media cache files in the AppData

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those suggestions don't work. Tried them in both 12.1 and this latest version. It seems a lot of people are having the same issue with the sound of Premiere Pro right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all of that days ago. Does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to update to latest version released today ? it has lots of bug fixes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 12.1.1 and 12.1.0 are behaving the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac, and I am not getting the option for the 12.1.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the three vertical dots at the top-right of the CC app and click "Check for App Updates." If that doesn't work then try again later. It takes a bit for the updates to propagate all over the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall 2018, after that install it back it will install with the latest update.. i had the same issue before in the previous update, i was able to update on windows but not on my macbook pro, so i tried this and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on my macbook pro now i don't have it as well, so im going to uninstall and then reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually ran across this yesterday. My solution was to duplicate the sequence. All the audio came back in the new sequence. Very strange behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 12.1.1 on a Mac. I have found that instead of duplicating the sequence, toggling the solo button on any of the audio tracks brings the sound back. The sound will drop out randomly, but when it does I hit the solo button on an audio track in the sequence, hit the play button and let it roll for a second, then un-solo the track and all the audio comes back. This method is working for me 100% of the time. I still cannot figure out what the common thread is for the cause, but this gets me back up and editing quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes others have reported that as well.. toggling solo or mute buttons on and off worked for them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is being discussed in several places:

Anyone Else Getting No Audio Playback After Opening A Project?

Audio not playing despite meter movement, inconsistent channel playback

Most of the fixes only work temporarily. I am going to experiment more with the changing audio devices, as that may have worked on the project for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the issues I'm still having, along with a raft of other sound related issue mentioned above. Audio glitch that can only be resolved by filling any blank space with audio and then dropping the volume, but this is what I get if I do not do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just duplicate the sequence and it will work just fine. And if you havent upgraded to 12.1.1 dont do its full of BUGS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@prathyushkumar

That does not always work, and remains inconsistent once you quit and reopen the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overall, if anyone with Adobe is listening, the issues are infuriating. Inconsistent audio bug. What fixes it or works one time does not always work a second. Audio channels do not remain consistent when creating sequences from Multcam syncs, and do not always path logically or correctly. After quitting and restarting, sometimes a sequence will play, sometimes not. Sometimes all one has to do is solo and unsolo all the channels. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Sometimes you have to go into the Multicam Sync and open it on the timeline and solo and unsolo.

Just a pain for someone using Multicam, which is all I am doing for the next few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines