• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with changing text on Motion Graphics Templates in Premiere CC

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with changing text on Motion Graphics Templates in Premiere CC.  I can import motion graphics into Premiere CC, and can change almost all the settings fine, however main title text and subtitle text are frustrating me. Sometimes it initially lets me make a change to the text, but after a minute it goes really glitchy, the sections where the text is edited appear empty, and locks me out from making additional changes.  I hope this makes sense. 

I have tried multiple different templates and they all seem to do the same thing. I'm sure its an easy fix, and maybe its something I'm missing or not doing right.  Cheers

​Mark James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

This is odd! You should be able to edit text in those templates without any trouble & this should be smooth and swift.

What is the source of your templates? You created them or you downloaded them from a different source?

Let us know more about your system specs (OS/GPU/RAM) and your workflow.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well.  I'm using the Gaming Intro template that comes with Graphic Essentials.  I edit the text and it shows fine in the Premiere timeline, but after exporting the video, this is the result.  Grrrr.  I'm inserting a small .jpg and getting "That image type is forbidden", so here's a link.

https://gyazo.com/ebde91978b50c941fb6792fd339bddb6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

having the same problems wird free Adobe stock mogrt. Any solutions up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to go back to after effects, change the font from there, and export the mogrt back into premiere pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have to tell more about my Problem.

I work in Premiere v12.1.1 and added a free Adobe Stock mogrt file (White and Gray locator pin Call-out 1), by using Essential Graphics. When I put it on my timeline and want to edit it, then nothing will work.

I already tried to open the mogrt file in After Effects (v15.1) but it says "it´s not supported by AE". Any ideas?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to open your mogrt in after effects, please refer to the link I already shared :

How To Change Fonts In Motion Graphics Templates | Motion Array

if you don't know or are lost, send it to me and i will try to see what's there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Carlosz

thanks for the help so far. I made the changes in AE like mentioned in the linked video. When I bring it back to Premiere, I can see that it made changes, but I still can´t reposition the thin line. Maybe it´s not the mogrt itself which is not working, maybe it´s just my handling of the Parameters.

Is there anywhere a description how tu use this mogrt:

AdobeStock_174348951.mogrt

White and Gray Locator Pin Call-Out 1

Maybe you can try. Would you?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you send the direct link please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you send me a screenshot of all the properties you have in the essential graphics in premiere pro ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I send you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just a picture showing your screen monitor, drop it here in the message box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeStock_174348951_screenshot.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LINE CONTROLS

Origin X Position changes the position of the line on the x axis (the starting position)

Origin Y Position changes the line position on the y axis (the starting position)

same for End X and End Y positions (the end position)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know, but when I change any of them. nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if nothing happens when you work with those properties, this leads me to conclude that

there is something wrong with the expressions or maybe the expressions are not

universalized, it happens sometimes with the creators of mogrts, you have 2 options,

either send a message to the original creator or Adobe Stock, or send it to me so that

I fix it for you, but send it as a pm so that it won't be downloaded by everyone here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want additional controls, you have to tell me what you exactly want and send me the mogrt file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a checkbox option, one for the thin line and one for the text, an on/off switch checkbox,

create a duplicate of the mogrt in premiere, one with the box checked and the text unchecked,

another with text checked and box unchecked, and adjust positions and sizes in premiere

effect controls motion..  i really dunno how the mogrt is structured, so that's just as I imagine

it is structured

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, I believe.

I download the motion graphics template inside premiere pro (from Adobe stock). Next, I grab it and put it on the timeline. Next, I highlight it and then hit edit in the essential graphics panel. Everything is fine so far, but then I simply try and edit the text in the title; and when I do that, more often than not it won't replace the default text with what I typed in. It ends up looking like gibberish, with characters I didn't even type, and some overlapping others, etc.

I NEED HELP HERE!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi liams45184899,

Sorry about the trouble.

Please share the file/item number or the description of your template.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue and the file is:

© Wavebreak Media#218265177

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I am having similar issues to changing titles in the Premiere template:

© Wavebreak Media#218265177

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have the same font used in the template installed to your pc or mac.

then you should be able to edit the text, but you cannot change font.

you can zip the mogrt file you have, then unzip it, zip again and unzip until you see the after effects project file,

open it in after effects, it might replace the font with an existing one, its okay, then check if all works perfect on

AE, and export the mogrt again from the Essential Graphics and import back into PP.

If your issues persist, pm me the mogrt file and I will fix it (for free of course)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the creator of the mogrt used a certain font on after effects that the user of the mogrt does not have installed on their pc, I guess we face such behaviors because until now, there is no access to change font or font styles from within the essential graphics inside premiere pro. If you have the After Effects file with your item, go to AE and change the font from there for the one you have and like, export the motion graphics template and import the new one into premiere... i dunno what's included within the item you bought.

check if a font link is mentioned anywhere in the item description and download the same font used if you won't go to AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines