• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading for LR 5.7 to 6.x

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR 5.7 (standalone) with Camera Raw 8.7 at the moment and am thinking of upgrading to LR6 standalone - if it supports Fujifilm RAW without converting to DNG..

My question is - Will this upgrade download be the latest version of LR6, or will I have to download lots of separate patches after to end up with the latest version?

What version is the latest and what version of Camera RAW does it have?

Does the latest version of Camera Raw that it comes with support Fujifilm RAF files?

I don't want to have to convert to DNG as I'm not sure how long I'll stick with Adobe because of their pushiness over subscription services and lack of support for standalone products!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Lightroom doesn't require separate packages to update camera raw, as it has the camera raw support built in. Once you'll install Lightroom 6 and update to the latest version 6.14, the latest camera raw will also be updated.

Which Fuji camera are you using? Please refer this list of supported cameras as per the Lightroom version: Cameras supported by Camera Raw 

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using a Fuljifilm X-T2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upgrade to Lightroom CC/ 6. The raw images from Fuji X-T2 are not supported in Lightroom 5

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does LR 6.0 support X-T2, or do I have to update further (I’ve seen many postings where people have had problems upgrading to eg:6.14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 .0 will NOT support your camera. You will have to install at least the 6.6 update. You might as well install the main program which is 6.0 and then the last update which is 6.14. That was the final update for Lightroom 6. The other alternative is to keep what you have and convert your images to DNG using the standalone DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Final question just to clarify;

So if I install LR6.0 base, then one more free update to 6.14, this will then allow me to import Fuji RAF’s from my X-T2 WITHOUT having to convert to dng (I want to keep the files as RAF’s)?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct. You will only need to install the one update as it will be a cumulative update and will include support for all cameras that Lightroom 6 will ever support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be aware that Lightroom 6 will not receive any more updates - 6.14, which was released on December 19 last year, was the final update. So if you want to use Lightroom with newer cameras (released in 2018), you will have to use the DNG converter.

The only way to stay up to date, and have support for new cameras is to subscribe to the Photography plan, which includes Lightroom Classic (the successor to LR 6), the new cloud-based Lightroom CC and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that one version of LR doesn't support any Fuji raw files and another supports them all, it's more that each new model of camera requires specific support, so only a version of LR newer than when a particular camera model was first released can support that particular camera.

Without knowing which model of Fuji you have we can't tell you if LR 6.14 (the last version in the LR 6 series) will support it.  LR 6.14 came out in December 2017.  You can verify using the link Akash supplied.

And as Akash says, to install LR 6, you need to install the base LR 6, plus ONE patch, 6.14.  You can get the installers from here:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines