• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Lightroom 5 capable of macOS Sierra

Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

has anybody tested Lightroom 5 with macOS Sierra?

Is it supported?

Would be great if anyone could answer that to me , as I am currently using Lightroom 5 and don't want to go the CC-way, because I am a student and low on money.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Fabian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Here are the known issues for Sierra and their workarounds: Lightroom and macOS Sierra Compatibility | The Lightroom Queen

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether it is or not isn't the question. Why are you in a rush to update OS X to the next version especially if your Mac is running fine right now. If your Mac isn't running fine right now upgrading the OS probably won't help.

http://laurashoe.com/?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=An+Important+Warning+for+Mac+L...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to update my OS to get the latest feature Apple announced (Siri on Mac, Universal Clipboard, improved iMessage and Photos). So my hope is that maybe some users have already tested it on the new OS. If it won't run, I have to stay with El Capitan, although it would be nice to have the new features. So its kind of a dilemma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People have reported problems running Lightroom 6/Lightroom CC 2015 under Sierra. So who knows if Lightroom 5 will work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the known issues for Sierra and their workarounds: Lightroom and macOS Sierra Compatibility | The Lightroom Queen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge thanks Victoria!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of Lightroom is version 6 so its unlikely that there will be any further updates to LR 5.

Adobe has not yet indicated that Lightroom or Photoshop for that matter are optimised for "Sierra".

If Lightroom is critical to your workflow its recommended to await confirmation from Adobe that support is available. Updates to LR 6 will be released when testing with the release version of "Sierra" has been completed.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to go the 'CC-way' to get LR6. It is still available as standalone license, the upgrade price is about 80$. Be sure to know the difference between standalone and CC version. Read here: Compare Your Options: The Differences Between Lightroom 6 vs. CC | ProDesignTools

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

i'm facing this same issue now. I had a virus on my computer and had to clear everything.

I had lightroom 5 running prior with no issues. Now it isn't reading my Sony and i put the update in and when I go to open I get the error code.

Any Help? My computer is on Sierra since the clearing brought it up to that.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Give us the exact version number of your Lightroom — In Lightroom, select Help->System Info

Give us the exact make and model of your camera.

Tell us the exact word-for-word error message you are getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines