• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 7.3 Crop tool bug-previous photo remains on screen for a second before new photo

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Has anyone else noticed with the new version, when you select the crop tool (or the shortcut, "R"), you get the last photo you cropped on the screen for a moment before the current photo you want to crop is displayed. This did not happen before. Does anyone have a link to a relevant Adobe contact I can report this to?

Thanks!

Mike P

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Does anyone have a link to a relevant Adobe contact I can report this to?

Please add details of your issue to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports posted: Lightroom Classic 7.3: Crop tool showing last image (GPU on) | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Me Too in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug is fixed.

As Sahil indicated, a temporar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

As the crop tool is not working properly, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located under Lightroom's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Lightroom and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i specifically bought this 15-inch MacBookPro for the dedicated GPU for Lightroom! I am not inclined to disable it for this bug. Hopefully it will be corrected as will the other GPU-related bugs I’ve been reading about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a link to a relevant Adobe contact I can report this to?

Please add details of your issue to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports posted: Lightroom Classic 7.3: Crop tool showing last image (GPU on) | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Me Too in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug is fixed.

As Sahil indicated, a temporary workaround that has worked for some others posting in that bug report is to disable the graphics processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks guys, reported.
mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This isn't a new bug. I also had it in Lightroom 6. When I upgraded to CC Classic I checked all my settings and had forgotten why I had disabled my graphics processor. So I switched it back on. Then I realized that it was because of this bug. No excuse for this to not have be resolved ages ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines