• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't export.

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to problems with updating my CC Apps I had to remove them all and reinstall them.

Since then, when using Lightroom CC it seems to lock up somehow and after awhile it won't export my photos.

I can get it closed and then start over and it seems to work.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

I am running Windows 7 Pro and have 64GB ram, so I am not running out of RAM.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Lightroom won't export, are you receiving any error messages? When you speak of 64 GB RAM, are you talking of memory or disk space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error message unless I try to close it and then it tells me it is trying to write to XMP, and if I close it, it will complete it when I restart.

64 GB Memory Ram. Lots of free disk space left. 8 GM VRAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC or Lightroom Classic CC or Lightroom CC 2015?????

and then it tells me it is trying to write to XMP

Please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 Release, Camera Raw 10.3

"Adobe Lighroom is not finished writing metadata changes into XMP, do you still want to quit? You will not lose any data if you decide to do so. Adobe Lightroom will finish writing metadata changes into XMP the next time you launch it"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The headline of your thread is, "Lightroom won't export". Writing metadata to XMP is not normally part of the export process. So what process have you really started, and on how many images was the process started?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The writing metadata message has nothing to do with the export process. Your original post states your Lighroom catalog locks up and won't export photos. Does Lightroom lock up during the export? How many images are you exporting, where are you exporting them to, are you exporting smart previews? What are your export settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting one image.

Any metadata that needs to be written to a XMP file is only for one file.

It should only take about 3 seconds to normally export a file. After 3 to 5 minutes I give up and try to close Lightroom and get the above message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am just exporting a sRGB, Quality 100, Long Edge 7442, Resolution 300 .jpeg. Nothing new here. Have been doing this for years.

I am just exporting them to a hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines