Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7 trial to RH 8 trial/license

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am now running RoboHelp 7 trial version. In the coming weeks we would buy RH8. Could you please clarify the following?

1. Can we download and install RH 8 trial in the same machine? If yes, should we uninstall RH 7 and then install RH 8?
2. When we buy RH 8, should we uninstall RH7 before installing RH 8 or typing the product serial no.?
3. What else should we be looking at in this transition?

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Radha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Radha.

There are many of us with different RH versions on the same PC with no problems at all so having two trials won't be a problem. You won't have to uninstall the RH7 trial when you buy RH8 but if (like me) you are of a tidy disposition you may want to.

Just beware that when you open a project in RH8 you will no longer be able to open it in RH7. If you tend to open a project by double clicking on the .XPJ file the file association will change with the RH8 install. Therefore opening a project created with RH7 will convert the project to RH8. These projects will have to be opened from within the RH7 trial to avoid the conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about RH HTML or RH for Word. You cannot dual install RH for Word.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2009 Feb 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I am looking at the whole RH8 package. I want to install all the components; I am in RH HTML though.
Now I have all components of RH7 installed (That's what I thought but only the pdf converter is not seen. I'll take care in RH8 :)).

Thanks
Radha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
When you generate a printed document, you should see a check box in the first page of the wizard. If ticked, a PDF will be created.

You should also see it in your list of printers from any software or in Control Panel.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Thanks for the details. Will download and install RH8.

Regards
Radha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp