• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird changes added to photos upon import?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon uploading photos to Lightroom classic, I noticed that the profile is changed to adobe color and sharpening is set at 40. I thought I had somehow added these changed to all photos upon import, but no modifications have been made to imports on the import screen. How can I go back to having all photos come in with adobe standard and 25 sharpening? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

40 is the 'new' Adobe standard that came with the Classic-CCv7.3 update.

You could select an unprocessed image from your camera, set the sharpening slider to 25, the hold down [ALT] and click on the button- [Set Default]    Or- from the Menu > Develop > Set Default Settings...

This will set your Import default to sharpening 25 for future camera imports.

Adobe Color is also the default profile that came with v7.3-  and the greatly changed Profile browser in the Basic Panel (where you can change that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

40 is the 'new' Adobe standard that came with the Classic-CCv7.3 update.

You could select an unprocessed image from your camera, set the sharpening slider to 25, the hold down [ALT] and click on the button- [Set Default]    Or- from the Menu > Develop > Set Default Settings...

This will set your Import default to sharpening 25 for future camera imports.

Adobe Color is also the default profile that came with v7.3-  and the greatly changed Profile browser in the Basic Panel (where you can change that also as a default!). Adobe probably responded to many complaints that raw photos never looked as good as the JPGs or the rendering of raws in competitor software.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines