Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong image shown for file with Canon File Numbering set to Auto Reset

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this make sense?

Lightroom is showing me the wrong image for a file.  I just bought a Canon 5D Mark IV.  I'm testing three or four shots, importing them into LightRoom, formatting the memory card and shooting 4 or more shots. 

I shot three shots outside.

Imported them into Lightroom

Deleted 2 of the shots.

Shot 3 shots inside

Imported them

And I see that 2 of the shots I just took inside show up as the images I took in the first pass from outside.  As I import the files, which were inside shots, I see the old outside shots.

I noticed that the camera, a new Canon 5D Mark IV has it's File Numbering set to Auto Reset.  So I think every time I format the card, it restarts the file numbers.  When I import 2 files in the same day with the same file names into LightRoom, LightRoom gets confused.

Does that sound possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you also switch to the develop module with the shots that show wrong?

Just an idea ... It may be that the old preview is showing.

Which exact (numbers, not 'latest' or alike) version of LR are you using, on which OS?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines