• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue with the dynamic link between Premiere Pro CC 2018 and After Effects CC 2018.  After the latest update this past week, Premeire Pro says I need to install AE.  So I go into AE and create a link under the File menu (have tried both options) and the new "linked composition" has the correct length of time, but no video or media in that comp.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

The Way I solved the problem is I brought the clips into AE and did the effects I want to add to them then exported and brought that back into premiere.  Not effecient, but I got tired of the dynamic link not working (I tried to create it in Premiere and AE, both failed).  I did an update on Premeire yesterday, just haven't tried it since then.  I hope the update fixed the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what are you exactly going to do, add your premiere clip to after effects to composite and have all compositing applied to the clip in the premiere pro timeline ?

if that's the case, right click on your premiere clip and choose 'replace with after effects composition'... this will create a dynamic linm for your clips.

if you are doing something else, please specify better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

I am having the same problem. After updating to the newest versions of AA (15.1.0, build 166) and PP (12.1.0, build 186), my AA motion graphic template no longer works in my PP project, and when I try to re-link it, PP tells me that I need to install AA—which of course I already have.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! Try to open your mogrt file in the newest After Effects you have, and export it as a motion graphics template from there.

Delete your previously imported mogrt from premiere essential graphics and import the new exported one.

Check if this works please ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Hi ! Try to open your mogrt file in the newest After Effects you have, and export it as a motion graphics template from there.

Delete your previously imported mogrt from premiere essential graphics and import the new exported one.

Check if this works please ...'

to correct : not the actual mogrt file but the After Effects project in which the mogrt was created

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Carlos. In the AE "export" command, the only options are:

Add to Adobe Media Encoder queue

Add to render queue

Export Adobe Premiere Pro project

MAXON Cinema 4D exporter

I don't see an option to "export as a Motion Graphic Template" option

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

you have to export using the Essential Graphics Panel in After Effects

Export Motion Graphics Template

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mogrt.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes, I just saw that.

In importing into PP, "Peace Films Globe logo.mogrt" was greyed out, however, I was able to import "AdobeNews-Capsules (converted).aep"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay good keep trying i will be back with you just to arrive to office, driving...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I got it working, just trying to find the color control to change the graphics color. I was able to do so before. I'm editing it in "Effects control". I just clicked on "Edit original" and it took me back to AA, where I changed the color, which changed the color in PP. Is that the correct procedure?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well every mogrt should come with color controls just click on the mogrt clip in premiere timeline and you should see the controls either in the essential graphics panel or the effect controls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you seem to be working with 2 files actually. one is a 'mogrt' the other is an After Effects comp.

a mogrt is a Motion Graphics Template, created on after effects to be used solely in premiere with the controls

shared on the essential graphics panel. usually those controls are opacity, color, text, scale and position + other

controls depending on the creator of the mogrt. These are exported from After Effects essential graphics panel

as a mogrt file to be imported into Premiere. There is no 'Dynamic Linking' in this case.

a Dynamic Link could be a Premiere Pro timeline clip set to 'replace with after effects composition' and so, this

same clip is dynamically linked to after effects. all compositing you do to this clip in after effects will be directly

updated on the premiere timeline. There is no need to import and export. Just right click on your clip on the

Premiere Timeline and choose 'replace with after effects composition'

What I was replying and explaining before was all related to the mogrt file and not to dynamic linking since you

mentioned that you have a problem with a 'motion graphics template' which we call mogrt.

Concerning your "AdobeNews-Capsules (converted).aep" file, yes, you did the right procedure in

changing color in After Effects and you see that it updates in premiere.

now, for your "Peace Films Globe logo.mogrt" you need to delete that file from the

premiere's essential graphics panel under the 'Browse' category.

Go to after effects, open the AE project for ""Peace Films Globe logo" and export it

from the Essential Graphics panel inside after effects by clicking on 'Export Motion Graphics Template'

choose a location and save it. Import the mogrt file into Premiere from the Essential Graphics panel and

not from the normal import in the project panel. From the essential graphics panel drag your mogrt file

to the timeline, click on it and you should be able to control its parameters either from the essential graphics

panel under 'Edit' or in the Effect Controls panel

Let me know how it goes on ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where do i find this file "AdobeNews-Capsules (converted).aep" have an old project but i cant seem to find how to redownload the file.

please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and one other thing, is your OS language english ?

If your OS runs on another language you have to run 'Expression Universalizer' before exporting

Let me know how it goes and I'm here to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Way I solved the problem is I brought the clips into AE and did the effects I want to add to them then exported and brought that back into premiere.  Not effecient, but I got tired of the dynamic link not working (I tried to create it in Premiere and AE, both failed).  I did an update on Premeire yesterday, just haven't tried it since then.  I hope the update fixed the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines