• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An internal error has occured Issue

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I get this message "Failed to import the final merged result from /Volumes/G-DRIVE mobile with Thunderbolt/2016-2017/2018/2018/2018-02-26/DSC00154-HDR.dng."  I have an external drive with all my photos and I have given my self permissions read and write. I still cannon merge any hdr photos in the light room app though. I'll get the preview and every thing and still it will come to that error. Any advice on what to do next?

I just got a new imac so i transferred every thing over

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

4.2 GHz Intel Core i7

40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 11.03.12 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

It seems, that there is a permissions issue with the Thunderbolt drive, would suggest you to get in touch with apple so that they can fix the permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neilb,

Could you try copying a few images to the desktop and then try importing them in Lightroom and let us know if it helps?

Also, could you please let us know which version of Lightroom you're working on?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sahil, So I did that and it worked perfectly. Any ideas on how to work around this?Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 9.55.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems, that there is a permissions issue with the Thunderbolt drive, would suggest you to get in touch with apple so that they can fix the permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right it was a permissions issue. So the problem was when I went to apply to all folders for read & write the action wouldn't complete. I had to go in to each sub folder individually and give my self R&W permissions. Works great now thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working! Feel free to reach out to us for any future queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your post was a long time ago, but maybe this will help someone:

One can apply permissions to an entire external drive after migrating to a new Mac.

Apply permissions to all items in a folder or a disk

1. On your Mac, select a folder or disk, then choose File > Get Info.

2. Click the Action pop-up menu 

morrisroos_0-1675741679557.png

at the bottom of the window, then choose “Apply to enclosed items.”  "                                                                          https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-permissions-for-files-folders-or-disks-mchlp1203/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines