Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow: From Draw to Illustrator CC

Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the latest version of Adobe Draw? 

In order to send your artwork to Adobe Illustrator on your Desktop or laptop, make sure you're logged into your mobile app with the same Adobe CC account before you begin working on your mobile device!

In the new version of Draw, you don't need to convert anything once you get to Adobe Illustrator.  The drawing is already separated for you.

HERE'S A REVIEW IN :30 SECONDS!

Draw to Illustrator in :30 - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

It will automatically open if you are logged into the same Creative Cloud account on your laptop/desktop.

The process may take a little longer, but it will pop up in a new document when it’s done

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect guide. Illustrator open and artwork already open... Ad what to do if not??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vadims.

Are you having trouble sending your work from Draw to Illustrator? If you are, please give me some additional information about what's happening so I can try to help.

​* Is this something that's just begun happening; was sending to the desktop app working previously?

* Are you having the trouble with one drawing or multiple drawings?

* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw does all the work that's on your device show up there?

* Are you getting a Sent! notification in the app?

Any details you can give me will be helpful.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

i can not get Draw to upload my art to Illustrator, which pretty much makes it useless.

i have reviewed your questions above, and when I go to the assets side, my work does not upload.  Left it for about half an hour of “thinking time” and still nothing.  If this is the issue, how do I fix it?

i have the latest version of version of both systems, and am logged in with the same account.  A year ago it did worked but when i returned to it recently it won’t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear this and I can understand your frustration that you're unable to sync your work on Creative Cloud.

I need a bit of information here before we can proceed further with the troubleshooting.

1. I suspect that this can be issue because of an Adobe ID (maybe, trying using a different Adobe ID to check if the work is syncing). Also, please try over a different network connection because there can be firewalls enabled in your network which might be restricting the syncing process. This can also be the reason why the work is not syncing to the desktop app as well.

2. What version of draw are you using? Please provide the details of the device that you're using along with the OS version on it.

3. Please confirm me as to how much work is on your device and is any of it is showing up here:  https://assets2.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw ?

Do share the results.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

All of my work is now showing in the assets link that you provided.

I don’t have another adobe ID or network to try, but I’m guessing that now that my work is showing up on my desktop in Adobe assets, a firewall is not likely to be the problem.

I am using an Ipad Pro with Adobe Draw version 4.6.1, IOS 11.3.1 and Illustrator 2018 on a Mac

I tried syncing a single layer line drawing (i.e. about as small a file size as possible) and it does not send to illustrator.

Regards

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

Does it give any error message to you when you try to send it directly to Illustrator?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no, it says its sent.

Regards

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lisa,

I just wanted to check with you if the Adobe ID signed in on the desktop application is the same as on your mobile app.

Can you check and confirm if it is the same Adobe ID being used?

Also, can you perform the steps below in the same order as mentioned:

1. I know you've done this already, but sign in again with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and make sure all the work on your device is synced to Creative Cloud.

2. Next make sure you're using version v4.6.0.384 of the Creative Cloud Desktop App, to check that you are, tap on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the Gear icon, then Preferences.

3. Next, on your desktop, sign out of the CC Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then the avatar icon, then Sign Out), restart your laptop, then log back in to Creative Cloud)

4. Before you try to send from Draw, sign out of Draw, (tap the Settings icon in the lower nav, then the field with your name, then Sign Out), restart your iPad then sign back in to Draw.

5. Once everything's running, try sending from Draw to the desktop again.

Kindly share the results.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have checked. I’m not sure how they could be different but I logged in and out on both to be sure. After this, one picture opened in Illustrator, but I have not been able to get anything else to open. I can however save the file to Adobe Creative Cloud as a psd. This doesn’t help though as I am wanting to edit a vector image in illustrator.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lisa,

I am suspecting that this is an issue with the Creative Cloud desktop app on your machine.

We'll need to investigate more on this issue. Would you mind sending us a message through in-app feedback so that we can help you better?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will automatically open if you are logged into the same Creative Cloud account on your laptop/desktop.

The process may take a little longer, but it will pop up in a new document when it’s done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines