• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Is Unusably Slow - Get your act together Adobe.

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK!

So I have a one month old Mac Book Pro Touch 15 2017 model, with 2.9ghz processor, 16gb RAM, 4gb Radeon and latest version of High Sierra.

Lightroom runs terribly, mind just to be sure I'm not crazy I've wiped the computer and reinstalled, reset the PRAM and all that.

Uninstalled and reinstalled everything from Adobe and it runs like total garbage.

Trying to edit a 1gb TIFF panorama image that I originally put together and edited back in 2010 on a 2009 mobile iMac with 4gb RAM and didn't have as many issues as I'm having now with the lag between applying settings being a couple of seconds making it hard to make fine adjustments.

Mind you don't have this issue in Photoshop using the Camera RAW filter setting applying the exact same settings, it is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR faster than in Lightroom.

Turning the GPU acceleration off doesn't make a difference just makes things even slower.

Adobe, get your act together!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

We're sorry for a bad experience with Lightroom, let us help make this right. Could you please let us know which exact version of Lightroom you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Also, could you please have a look at this article and let us know if it helps? Optimize Lightroom performance

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7.3

High Sierra 10.13.4 (I mention already I'm using the latest version)

I've followed everything in the optimisations recommendations with no improvement.

I've since downgraded to LR 6 which is far more responsive, but forced to go to 7.0 as it didn't support my Olympus ORF files. LR 7.0 seems much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...no reply ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Chris+Tsorotes  schrieb

Hi...no reply ?

... could it be that the 'Staff' is on weekend ... like most of us 

Please be patient until they get back to work Monday morning.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit pano images that are that size all the time on Lightroom including 7.3 on a Mac Book Pro from 2012.  This one has 16 gigs of memory 1GB of video RAM on the card and a 1TB SSD and runs high Sierra. Edits are certainly faster than slider updates every few seconds as soon as Lightroom has loaded the actual image (takes a few seconds). So your much newer and faster machine should be able to do this easily. Lots of reports here and on other fora though of Lightroom 7.3 running slow on the latest and greatest machines - both windows and Macs. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello.

I am struggling with very slow performance from my LR and it has got me feeling defeated. I have had Adobe techs remotly change settings on my lr and Imac but to no avail the problem is still very present and trying to get through and entire wedding in this software has become and mountain I very scared to try an overcome...

I need help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines