• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the switch between Nikon photos to Canon photos (Back and forth)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the last version of lightroom classic 7.3 (version- 10.0.16299) and i have a very slowly transition (switch) between canon photos to Nikon photos and back and forth. I have 2 files I'm working on with Smart Previews 1:1 . if I'm working only on 1 file ( Canon Or Nikon)  the switch between the photos is very fast. if I combining the canon file with the Nikon file, the switch between the photos is very slowly (1-2 second between photos)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, how much RAM, etc., etc.? Details about your system would really help someone get an idea of where to start. Are the images in the same folder, on an external hard drive, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows 10 Home X64 - I7-4790 3.6GHz, 16gb Ram . working with this computer more than 3 years. didnt have any problem, lightroom works fast. the Nikom images are im 1 folder and the Canon images in other folder. the folder are on my computer. As I said in my question, the problem is only when I'm using both folder. when i'm using only 1 folder its fast. I'm using 2 folders ( nikon & canon ) for more than 4 years and didnt have any problem like that since today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ranbergman  wrote

I have the last version of lightroom classic 7.3 (version- 10.0.16299) and i have a very slowly transition (switch) between canon photos to Nikon photos and back and forth. I have 2 files I'm working on with Smart Previews 1:1 . if I'm working only on 1 file ( Canon Or Nikon)  the switch between the photos is very fast. if I combining the canon file with the Nikon file, the switch between the photos is very slowly (1-2 second between photos)

What module are you discussing that has the slow switch?

Do you mean folders instead of files?

Why don't you just work on the Canon photos first, and then the Nikon photos next, instead of switching back and forth/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 2 folders, each folder 2 cameras.

I need to work on both folders because 4 cameras are synce at the same time.

I dont understand the first question

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the slowness when you switch photos in the Library Module, or in the Develop Module, or somewhere else in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the develop mudule

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean by "if I combining the canon file with the Nikon file, the switch between the photos is very slowly (1-2 second between photos)"

How are you combining the files in the develop module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant folders. in 1 folder I have canon images ( raw ), the other folder nikon images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the folders on the same hard drive? Are the images comparable in size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same folder, more of the same size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should not be any difference is both folders are in the same location and the file sizes are approximately the same.

If LR has to open one folder and then go to another folder on another drive, it could slow down as the computer accesses the other drive.

And if the two files are  quite different in size, then the larger photo file whether Nikon or Canon, could take a little longer to open.

And  you  have made Smart previews of each, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kentdesign  wrote

And if the two files are  quite different in size, then the larger photo file whether Nikon or Canon, could take a little longer to open.

I would phrase this as the size of the image in megapixels, not the size of the image in bytes or megabytes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im using "smart preveiws"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us more about the camera models.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

canon 5d mark 3

nikon d810

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except if there is a bug in Lr, Lr is camera blind. Itdoes make no difference, especially if you work with smart previews, as those are DNGs. What about the resolutions? (well that shouldn‘t make a big difference neither with smart previews.)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines