Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Mismatch w/ Newest Premiere Pro CC Update 4/14/18

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Premiere Community,

The Quesiton is: How do I re-link media that is getting this Media Mismatch error message. All the files are in the exact same place as they were nothing has changed except for the new update in Premiere Pro CC that I did last night. Please help asap.

Backstory:

First time posting here - appreciate all your help. I am currently in the process of editing an active Premiere Pro project and I chose to update my systems last night because the update was available.

When I went to open Premiere this morning all the MP4 files in my footage folder where offline. When I went to link the media I received this message " Media Mismatch. The selected files do not contain video media used by clip references in one or more sequence. These video clip references will be deleted, and cannot be undone. Do you want to continue.?" 0K or Cancel.

When I pressed OK the message went away and the entire selection of the clip in the active sequence disappeared completely. I closed the project and didn't save so that I could open again and retry - same conclusion. When I hit cancel we just go back to the selection menu.

TO SAVE TIME:

I did some poking around already and learned that 1 solution is too duplicate the original MP4 files but maintain the file names. Then just relink to the new clip and it DID work. However, this project has literally 200+ Hours of organized footage in various folders. I cannot and shouldn't have to do this so for this purpose it is not a solution.

Please do not recommend the MPEG Streamclip solution either - again outdated.

Please Premiere Genie - offer a clear solution to this media link issue.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found any other solutions? I am having the same problem, except the files wont import in even when I changed the file name!! Why!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. It has shown up in multiple project files since my last update. I have a major piece due for release next week and this issue is standing in my way. I have over 80 shots in my sequence on a 30 second piece. If Adobe could chime in here would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JG_Content,

Have you tried renaming and/or moving your media files folder, and then importing/relinking?

What kind of files are these? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with some mov files. When I moved them to my PC it comes up with this error message.Error.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option does work, however isn’t a good solution for a project that consists of more than 800 video files and you are on a deadline.

Cheers,

Steve Stein

[personal info deleted by mod, forum policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I got this same error with many mp4 files in my project at work this week after uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere 12.1.1.

I got on with Adobe Support and had them remote takeover my computer. They quit Premiere Pro, and they went into ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe and renamed the “Common” and “Premiere Pro” folders to “Common old” and “Premiere Pro old”, respectively, and also in ~/user/Documents/Adobe/ and renamed “Premiere Pro” to “Premiere Pro old”. Premiere automatically recreates those folders after relaunch.

NOTE: I believe this was all the folders they renamed, which I’ll get to here.

Yesterday, upon restarting my computer to install an OS security update, I got the same error in my project. I manually did the same steps outlined above (from memory) and this fixed about 75% of the media mismatch errors, with some still having the exact same issue.

I had tried creating a new Premiere project and importing the same exact media into it, and it worked fine. However, similarly to your situation, our projects are too large to do any sort of manual rebuild, reconnecting, renaming, or re-importing.

I had NOT tried to solution recommended by Kevin above, renaming the folder that includes the media. That folder is being used by other editors on our team, all of whom are not having this issue, so I do not wish to knock their projects offline. 

For background, my system is on El Capitan  (whatever the latest number of that OS is), a Mac Pro 2013 connected to a FastNAS server via a Sonnet box using 10G.

I an posting this in hopes that it may help sooner than later, but I will be back on Monday to amend this post with more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try both of those steps... still did not work! I had to uninstall the program and install an older version for it to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry ShayM,

Are these legacy QuickTime files? Some of these are no longer supported and need to be transcoded in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, if so. Let me know details.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I fixed this was to convert each file to another video type and then replace the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting Note: This issue occurred to me white using the April update of CC. The prproj file I was using was sent to me from someone using an older version. To resolve the issue I used the Duplicate all the files and then relink with the copies.. it worked.. although I encountered one crash about half way through the relinking process but none of my work was lost.

Short: happened while using prproj from older version, duplication re-link worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines