• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 and ACR 10.3 very slow presets previews

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general I like new update of Lightroom Classic. Idea that when I put mouse over preset name I see not only small but also big preview is good.

But generating big preview for my big monitor takes too much time. I want to scroll mouse over lots of presets and see fast previews. But right now I put mouse and wait, then move and wait, and again. Finally I want to turn off this big previews, I'm happy enough with fast previews in navigator, but I can't do this. Please make some checkbox in settings to turn it off. Or make big previews faster generation. For example with some increasing resolution algorithm. Like low details and very fast at first time, but if mouse is staying at this preset then more resolution and more detailed preview generation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set it to List View. You do that where it says Grid, and or Large and or List.

Profile Browser Open.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but not correct. I'm talking about Presets list that is on the left side. And you are talking about Profile selection that is on the right side.

I have a lot of presets. And when I move mouse over them I see previews. In previous version of Lightroom I can see previews only in Navigator. But in latest version also main big image is changing to show how this preset looks. And this big main image generation making process very slow. Like 0.2 sec for navigator preview, and 1-2 second for main image preview. This is very uncomfortable and I just want to turn it off for big image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah sorry. Not sure if it can be disabled.

Do you have the GPU option turned on? If you do try turning it off and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone else had the same concern the other day. This is a user to user forum. There's another forum where the developers monitor much more closely, and it was suggested that a comment should be posted there where they might see and consider such a feature request.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this link! Sure this is my question for developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines