• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2018 crashes on project open (Zanzibar Hunter)

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting this error a lot lately. I will open up a project and it will crash AE entirely. This has happened with several projects lately. When I open a new project and then import the crashed project, it seems fine and everything works. It's a work around, but it ends up with several layers of nested imported projects.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Here is the error:

Last log message was: <140736185545536> <ZANZIBAR Hunter> <5> ProcessFrom MAIN requested_sync: 292, proj=1

Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes.

Specs:

AE 12.0.1 Build 73

OSX 10.13.3

Imac 2017 4.2GHz i7, 40GB Ram

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

I figured it out. It's the Suitcase Fusion plug-in. I uninstalled that and projects that previously crashed now work again. . .

Strangely it doesn't do it to every project. I will let the font software people know. Guess it is not AE issue,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My suggestion would be to clear the local cache.

Preferences > Media & Disk Cache > Empty Disk Cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the "Zanzibar error" is related to mocha shape masks. As far as I know it has been fixed in the latest CC2018 Update (After Effects 15.0.1). Have you checked that you have the latest version installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have thé same error on cc2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any mocha stuff in these projects at all. I tried emptying the disc cache, but the projects still crash and give the error. Again, importing these projects into a new project seems to be ok. Just kind of a hassle to constantly nest projects in new ones....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. It's the Suitcase Fusion plug-in. I uninstalled that and projects that previously crashed now work again. . .

Strangely it doesn't do it to every project. I will let the font software people know. Guess it is not AE issue,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have suitcase fusion plugin in m'y machine but thé same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!

delete application.xml file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on earth would you delete the xml? Don't do that lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines