• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets don't work anymore

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated Lightroom 6 (desktop version) and now presets don't apply to the image in the develop module. While I hover on the preset, I can see them in the small preview window on the left top corner but it does not apply to the pic and does not show in the history either. Any one else with the same issue or a resolution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lr-6?

Please post a screen-clip of the top few lines from the LR Menu: Help>System Info.

Do you mean that Presets do not change the appearance of any photo in the catalog?

A preferences reset may help.

If I understand incorrectly:  You will never get the Presets showing on the main window image with any version of Lightroom-6.

Only subscribers to the Creative Cloud plan will get the new features in Lr-Classic (v7.3)

You can take out a subscription for all these new features.  New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying that if you don't have the creative cloud plan presets won't work? Even the ones lightroom provides in the program for free? I'm having the exact same problem as OP and even the lightroom provided presets aren't working for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not saying that "presets won't work"-

I understood (I think) the OP wants to see a Preset appear on the main image screen when the mouse pointer is hovered over a preset, only with Classic-CC v7.3 can you get a Preset to PREVIEW on the main screen. This is one of the new features of Classic-CC v7.3 (love it, or hate it !!!)

The OP (and maybe you brieb40336071) are using Lightroom v6 (or any standalone update to v6). With v6 all you presets should continue to work as normal. There is no change to your preset functioning if you remain on a version 6. And you have no chance to update beyond v6.14..

I'm having the exact same problem

We would need more information to help with an answer- Op System Version, LR version number, etc. What is "not working". Have you moved folders of presets, etc?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that's what they were saying? To me it sounds like the problem I'm having where it previews but even if I click on the preset it doesn't apply it to the image. Unless I'm reading things incorrectly? I started my own thread to get help with my specific problem though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-reading, you are probably correct

I will follow your other thread posts with curiosity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Did you find a solution as I'm having the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brianw25960668  wrote

Hi, Did you find a solution as I'm having the same issue?

For your specific situation we will need some information.

Do you subscribe with monthly payments for the Photography Plan?

What is your Operating System?

Can you post a screen-clip of your Lightroom System Info? Menu > Help > System Info...

It will look like this-

ScreenShot054.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem myself. Have gone back to 6.14. I didn't subscribe to creative cloud and i shouldn't have been able to subscribe to 7.3 if that was not the intention. there seem to be a lot of people with the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as well.

Since I update to 7.3.1 Presets are not applied anymore. I also noticed it not possible to switch to Back and White and Synch button is not active anymore.

Version Lightroom Classic: 7.3.1 [ 1167660 ]

Licence: Permanente

Paramètre de langue: fr-FR

Système d'exploitation : Mac OS 10

Version : 10.13.4 [17E202]

Architecture de l'application : x64

Nombre de processeurs logiques: 8

Vitesse du processeur : 2,8 Ghz

Mémoire intégrée : 16 384,0 Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @JoanDaSilva

You have a 'corrupt' install of Lightroom. This is the reason presets are not working.

ScreenShot040.jpg

Your licence "Permanente = Perpetual"  does not permit you to use any version of Lr-7.  All Lr-7 (and above) versions are only available by subscription.

You have two choices-

1) Subscribe to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan (paying monthly or yearly)

2) Uninstall Lr-7.3.1 and return to using v6.14

If you DO subscribe you need to contact Adobe to fix your subscription details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines