• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character animator rigging it not working correctly! Help Please!

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Character rigging is smearing the whole entire body, I just want to move the arms and legs separately. This is my first time using character rigging basically learning from youtube.

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 7.45.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-22 at 7.45.37 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the mesh - the fact that it is a rectangle and not a contour of the actual puppet is a good first indication of problems. A quick thing you can try is set “Mesh Type” from Auto to “Contour” (its one of the puppet properties - I am not at a computer just now). The yellow line should hug the outline of the character or else all the warping will go weird (like you are seeing). The yellow rectangle usually comes up because there are parts of the drawing not connected/overlapping with other parts. But Contour forces it to have a guess.

Also, putting Dragable and Fixed on the same handle is interesting. I have not tried that before. Fixed means “don’t move” and Dragger means “this is how you move me”, so not sure what adding both will do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had similar problems before. You need to take the dangles off the shoulders and fix them into place. Also dragging the hand Instead of the elbow is better in my experience.

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines