• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face recognition not work on some image files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an up to date version of LR CC. I run it on a Mac Pro. Years ago, when facial recognition came out on LR, I ran it on three folders that had about 3,000 RAW and TIFF files. It worked....and then it didn't. Since the new recognition software came out last year, it has worked pretty well on other files. I decided to run it on the three folders that I had indexed 4 years ago. I got the message "No People Found". These files are still good and I use them. How can I get them to be recognized again? Did the old LR somehow corrupt them to the current recognition of LR?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Thanks for the information Tony, could you try creating a new catalog and import those old images into it and see if face recognition works there?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

As you're getting a "Noe People Found" error message, could you please let us know which exact version of Lightroom you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Also, could you please have a look at this forum thread and let us know if you find it helpful? Facial recognition returns "no people found" in a folder full of headshots

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

Thanks for the rapid response!

I am running OS 10.11.6 and LR 7.3

I honestly believe there was a corruption by an earlier LR facial recognition attempt in about 2012-2013. If this guess is correct, is there any way I an “sanitize” these files and eliminate something that is old application added to them?

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information Tony, could you try creating a new catalog and import those old images into it and see if face recognition works there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took 36 hours to complete. All works fine now. Thank you so much!

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it's working Tony!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines