• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Looping Problem

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm making walk cycle animation loop that's 12 fps and has 11 frames, which means that I'm 0.132 frames behind a full second. When I put the video into the composition to create continuity of the loop, it plays very well until the very end of the clip where it get's all jerky right as the playback ( repeating the clip ) begins. Now I could fix that by adjusting the composition timing and stuff but it just rounds up by itself and I can't do anything about it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you loop it? is this a rendered video? did you use an expression? are you first and last frame identical?

if you imported a rendered video and want to loop it, go to the interpret footage dialog (right click on the footage item in the project panel->interpret footage->main and at the bottom choose how many times you want to loop. this will be a repeating pattern loop where Ae assumes your first and last frame are not identical but instead the animation ends one frame before the first frame. so it repeats...

if you want to loop a live composition then precomp your animation and use Time-remapping:

to make a repeating pattern loop (first and last frame not identical) do this:

1. create the TR keyframes

2. go to one frame before the last frame and create a keyframe

3. copy the first keyframe over the original last keyframe.

4. add this expression loopOut()

to make a seamless loop (first and last frame identical)

1. create the TR keyframes

2. go to one frame before the last frame and create a keyframe

3. delete the last keyframe

4. add this expression loopOut()

a discussion about it here: Re: LoopOut Composition not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply! I first did the animation on Animate cc and the first and last frames are not identical, they are perfectly matched for the loop. Thing is when I imported the clip to After Effects, the software eats up and freezes my last few frames of the animation and creates a delay to start over the playback. But the original clip plays on for much longer than after I put it in the composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines