Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tools drag canvas vertical and horizontal

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

When I opened Photoshop today I noticed something peculiar. Whenever I try to draw with the brush tool it drags the whole canvas vertical and horizontal. This happens with every tool I try to use and it doesn't matter if I restart the computer this problem comes back.

When I open Photoshop it seems fine in the beginning but after I zoom in this problem arises.

Everything was fine yesterday so I don't understand what has happened.

The paint wont come out unless I hold the pen down on the Cintiq for at least 20 seconds and it's very slow.

And yes I have Photoshop CC updated, my Nvidia driver is updated and my Cintiq 13HD is as well.

Please help I'm getting desperate. I have so much work to do and I need it to work. Please please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Hello! Here is the fix recommended by Adobe: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft put out a security update that broke window ink in photoshop. Uninstalling the update seems to fix it. If you are able to delay updating for a month, do that but not everyone can so it will reinstall the update the next time you reboot so you may need to do it again.

It seems to be the cumulative security update KB4093112 that's the problem. Others are saying there is a patch with wintab and disabling windows ink in the wacom driver but others say it messes up pen pressure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The latest windows update (KB4093112)  has caused an issue with the Wacom tablet and Photoshop.

You can either - undo the update

or

Do the following (recommended) :

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the Wacom tablet properties and for Photoshop under Mapping  uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

4. Restart Photoshop

That is it - all should now work well (you need to do all the above steps to retain pen pressure)

Note : There is a third option. Microsoft made this change intentionally and they have issued a way round it with registry change (see link below). However for  Photoshop the PSUserConfig method works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10/

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Dave.

After I click on my username, I see no AppData file for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to check "Show Hidden items" in the File Explorer view menu

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently having the same issue. If this isn't resolved by next month, I'm gonna cancel my subscription and turn to Corel Painter instead. Not as many features, but at least I can get my work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! Here is the fix recommended by Adobe: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines