• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2018 wants to use your confidential stored in " " in your keychain

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This popup now appears when I try to connect with Remote Server asking for "To allow this, enter the "login" keychain password".

I have no idea what password this is, nor do I understand why this is now necessary to use Dreamweaver.

Charles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

The team is investigating this one, and this is the latest I have so far.

This issue is indeed Mac related as the site credentials are stored in the keychain on a Mac OS. On Windows, the site credentials are stored in a registry which gets migrated along with the update.

Meanwhile, a few users that contacted us through call and chat let us know that their issue was resolved after contacting Apple support. So, in the time that the team tries to get to a fix, you may want to contact Apple Support. D

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. We are aware of this issue and looking into it.

Will update you on this thread once the bug is fixed. Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not a DW prompt, that's a Mac OS prompt.

Have you recently hidden a folder behind a password in the admin area of your hosting server? It would likely be that UN/PW combo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer, No. I spent an hour with an Adobe Tech Support rep who could not help me, claimed that my Login Keychain password must be different than my Mac User Login (it is/was not). He spent some time with remote access. And then finally passed it off as an Apple problem. I do not believe this. This is a situation that has arisen just in past week. The problem exists on both Macs I use, and only happens with Dreamweaver (I can use Fetch for instance).

To summarize: when I try to connect to a remote server for one of my Dreamweaver sites I get a Popup (see image). My keychain password does not work to Allow or Always Allow. If I Deny, I receive a series of similar popups for all my accounts (20+), and if I Deny each I can finally connect to the remote server.Dreaamweaver-problem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to me, too. Super annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same problem. It happened right after updating Dreamweaver. It's beyond irritating!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above answer doesn't apply since I did nothing but update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure as to why you are seeing this issue. It definitely looks like a Mac prompt that needs your system password to open. It has been happening to me on other apps, but not Dreamweaver.

Let me check with my colleagues and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Thanks for looking into it. I’m actually a long time Mac user (since 1986), but these days it seems like after every update some new problem crops up. I just haven’t seen this one before.

After updating the OS and Abobe apps, I’ve constantly been getting prompts to sign in to iMessage and FaceTime, which is very weird since I don’t use either of those on this work computer. I may have that problem fixed though.

Later,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, I saw that a similar problem had come up with other apps. I also understand the Popup is seeking the system password, but the password is not accepted.

The Adobe Tech support guy gave me a link to the "solution" on one of the other threads. However, it was not a solution.

To clarify my previous post, once the Popup (see image) appears, and I enter my password, and click Allow or Always Allow, the action is not successful. The Popup continues to appear and I must click Deny, several times, and it even runs through my other sites (at least a dozen or so) asking for the password. I must continue to click Deny as it runs through my various Sites before I finally get a Dreamweaver prompt to enter password. Once I do that I have access to the server.

Dreaamweaver-problem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your colleague tried to insist that I must have set a separate keychain password - I do not have a separate password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I checked with my team, and this is what they suggest

- Click Always Allow for every site that you log into. The prompt appears twice, and you will have to enter your Mac password both the times for each site. To reset your password in case you have forgotten it, use the info in Bypass and reset the password on any Mac in no time - CNET

- Delete entries from keychain using info in Dreamweaver for Mac OS doesn't remember FTP details

- If both these don't work, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with the URL of this post. The third solution is tricky, and will have to be done through a 1:1 session.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Preran

As already stated, entry of my password after clicking Always Allow does not work.

I have not forgotten my password.

Your response is similar to that of your colleague, who did not understand that this problem, which I believe is a result of a problem with the most recent Dreamweaver update (as do others).

I already spent more than an hour of my time on a 1:1 session with your colleague.

The solution does not lie with a problem from my side, it is a problem that presented after a Dreamweaver update.

Maybe I should just give up on Dreamweaver and use Fetch.

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are doing our best to help. I have escalated your issue to the product team and they are trying to reproduce it.

If it was an update specific issue, we should have heard from a number of users about this one, which we haven't. Having said that, the team is on it and I will get back to you as soon as they have an update.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several people on this thread have same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is investigating this one, and this is the latest I have so far.

This issue is indeed Mac related as the site credentials are stored in the keychain on a Mac OS. On Windows, the site credentials are stored in a registry which gets migrated along with the update.

Meanwhile, a few users that contacted us through call and chat let us know that their issue was resolved after contacting Apple support. So, in the time that the team tries to get to a fix, you may want to contact Apple Support. Do post the solution here for the benefit of other users if that helps.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, and it occurred after the latest update to Dreamweaver. I had not used the latter for many weeks prior to this update, but now seem completely locked out of maintaining any of my websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team has so far come up with this observation: This issue occurs when you upgrade from 18.0 to 18.1. They don't see it when you upgrade from a version previous to 18.0 to the latest version. They still don't know if it is a Mac or DW related issue, they are investigating. Will keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue and can confirm that this occurred only after doing the latest update.

Seriously annoying, and I have started to use other programmes as this is such a PITA, especially if I am trying to shut down as this annoying popup pauses that process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem after upgrading to DW 18.1. I have frequently had to force quit the application because Always Allow, Deny nor Allow get rid of the pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. We are aware of this issue and looking into it.

Will update you on this thread once the bug is fixed. Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I have Dreamweaver 18.1. I have 30+ sites, and must cycle through this Popup for each before I can connect to remote server. Pls fix ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having just upgraded DW, get the same problem. However, if I say deny once, then can access the files. I do then get prompted for the FTP password whenever I try to connect to the FTP to upload changes to site files and THEN if I select to save password I am asked to give permission to keychain, but this time when I say deny, (again only once), I am not asked for the FTP password again, so it is saving to keychain or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Dreamweaver 18.2 is live. It can be downloaded from creative cloud Desktop application.

This issue is fixed in 18.2 for Dreamweaver update from versions other than 18.0 to latest  Dreamweaver version 18.2.

However, the issue still exist if we update Dreamweaver 18.0 to Dreamweaver 18.2.

Please refer to known issues document: Known issues in the 18.0 and 18.1 releases of Dreamweaver CC

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... no - in 18.2 it's a problem here. Bevor the update I had no problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines