Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Switch Audio Sync Settings

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to create an animation based off of a 5-minute mp3 audio recording. I need to be able to switch my audio sync settings to Stream so that I can preview audio anywhere in my animation. Currently if I press play just anywhere in the animation it doesn't play the audio. I have to play from the beginning to hear.

After doing some searching on the Internet, I figured out I have to switch my audio sync setting to Stream so that I can play audio anywhere in the timeline. However, the only option I have available is Event. The other ones are greyed out, as the screenshots below testify. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Screenshot-Small.png

Timeline.png

Hardware and Software Statistics:

Adobe Flash Professional CC (CS6) - Version 13.1.0.226

Windows 7 Home Premium - Version 6.1 - Build 7601: Service Pack 1

Intel Core i7, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Hi jato9281,

Is your project an HTML5 project?  For some reason HTML5 projects only support "Event" audio.  If you use an Action Script 3 project  you should be able to switch your audio to Stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer and retry.

if that fails upload your mp3 somewhere and post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first the thing a person should always do when they encounter a problem is restart their computer. No worries, I did that.

I tried converting the file to OGG and WAV to see if it would work better. Apparently Flash Professional handles WAV fine, allowing me to switch between Stream and Event audio sync settings. That's kind of strange, because WAV files are so huge and aren't practical when developing a game or something like that.

Thankfully, I'm just using Flash Professional to export a video, so I don't care about file size, but it's a disturbing bug.

If anyone knows why I was unable to switch to Stream audio sync settings with MP3 files, please speak up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jato9281,

Is your project an HTML5 project?  For some reason HTML5 projects only support "Event" audio.  If you use an Action Script 3 project  you should be able to switch your audio to Stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Kristofer. I seriously spent the last 20 minutes trying different audio formats and the whole nine, then finally came up with the right google search word combination to find the solution. I knew it was going to be some kind of simple fork in the road issue. Action Script 3 doc, and I'm off and running. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH, its been a long time since you uploaded this answer but it helped me now thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody ever figure this out?  I've been using Flash for years and always use stream.  I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't select Stream in the Sync settings.

Note:  I'm using Flash CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As Kristofer pointed out, if you are in HTML5 Canvas document then these sound options (Effect type and Sync type) are disabled. The target platform(HTML5 Canvas) doesnt support these functionalies and hence they are disabled.

You will get the following message if you try to paste a layer with such sound properties

* Effect type of Sound cannot be imported in HTML5 Canvas document.

* Sync type is not supported in HTML5 Canvas document, and has been converted to Event.

If you create a ActionScript 3.0 document then these options are available for you to manipulate where the target platform(Flash) has a support the same.

Thanks!
Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic, thanks!  I had a brain hiccup and just didn't see Krisofer's helpful posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had the same problem with files that WERE AS3 files with imported wav files. When I copied all frames/layers and pasted them into a new AS3 document we could then switch from EVENT to STREAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible for you to share the AS3 fla where the Sync type is disabled for us to investigate?

You can us any file sharing utility like Drop Box to share the fla.

Thanks!
Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- it was a student's file but I've run into this problem as well. If it happens again I'll send it. Belated thanks for responding.

Best,

Amy MacDonald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mohanaraj,

Enclosed is a sample file for audio that wouldn't allow us to change

syncing from EVENT to STREAM. The work-around for me has been to copy

layers, paste it into a new AS3 file, and then change syncing to stream.

This doesn't work for my student, however.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I have another student file I

can send as well.

Best,

Amy

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Amy MacDonald <amy.macdonald@montserrat.edu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think we see any enclosed file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. Here's the link:

Dropbox - AUDIO-NoStreamingPossible.fla

Thanks in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the file. The document you have shared is a HTML5 Canvas document (you can see this in the document tab which reads "AUDIO-NoStreamingPossible.fla (Canvas)"). Since CreateJS only supports Event sound type, the other sound types are disabled. If you create a ActionScript 3.0 document all the sound sync type will be available for you to control.

If you still face this issue in ActionScript 3.0 document then please share one for us to investigate.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mohan!

Best,

Amy

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Mohanaraj <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of interest, is it a CreateJS limitation, or HTML5 audio limitation in general?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is there a way to convert a HTML5 project to a Action Script 3 project? I have done a lot of work on mine and I don't want to start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Commands menu and choose Convert To Other Document Formats. In there you can choose ActionScript 3.0.

Any code you have done will be commented out in the FLA that it makes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using Adobe CC 2018 or higher, this setting has been moved to File > Convert To  !!

had to share this because I couldn't find it and was getting frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand why the Stream sync option is disabled if you happen to be working on a Canvas document instead of an SWF.  But the problem that I have encountered is that it can be quite tedious now to synch up voicever with animations on a Canvas document.

When I used to create SWF animations I could import the audio file to a layer and then turn on the Stream synch option so that hitting ENTER key at any point in the timeline would allow me to hear the voiceover and synchronise animations accordingly. 

Now that this option is removed, the only way to hear the audio is to play the entire animation timeline from the beginning again.  Basically, unless you start from a frame BEFORE or ON the keyframe where the audio gets added, you won't be able to hear the audio (even though you can see the waveform clearly).

Is there another workaround or setting that allows the developer to still have the advantage of hearing audio playback in the same way as before?  This would save me a lot of time and tedium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know when Adobe is planning to add audio streaming support to html5 documents created in Animate? As we inch closer to a full scale transition from Flash to html5, I'm hoping that all these unsupported features ( See how Animate CC handles unsupported content types when you migrate content to HTML 5 Canvas ) continue to become integrated into html5 Canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that some things will be too hard to do in Javascript compared to AS3 playing in a native code plugin. In the case of Stream sync though you can code your own solution for playback. Look at this code as an example way of making a 500 frame animation keep up with real time Event audio:

var fps = 24;

var starttime = createjs.Ticker.getTime();

createjs.Ticker.setFPS(fps);

createjs.Ticker.addEventListener("tick", movealong);

self = this;

var firstframe = 0;

var lastframe = 500;

function movealong() {

var now = createjs.Ticker.getTime();

var f = Math.min(lastframe,Math.floor((now - starttime) / 1000 * fps + firstframe));

self.gotoAndStop(f);

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines