• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickr Merging with Smug Mug

Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a flickr account, I guess you will have one of these emails.  Yout have had something similar if you have a SmugMug but no flickr account.  I've been uploading to flickr since 2006.  The flickr discussion groups were very active back then, but died a death when Yahoo took over flickr and messed up the UI which made it too slow to use for me.   I have a couple of photography buddies who sell pictures through SmugMug, but I have never had the implication personally.

If you have a flickr and/or SmugMug account and thoughts about the implication of the merger, I'd love to hear your thoughts.  I rarely upload anything nowadays, although I do put up event images to private albums to share them.  

We’re excited to announce that Flickr has agreed to be acquired by SmugMug, the photography platform dedicated to visual storytellers.

SmugMug has a long history of empowering people who love photography and who want to improve their craft, making them a perfect fit for Flickr and our creative community. With SmugMug, we’ll continue to focus on you, the Flickr members who inspire us all with your work.

Nothing will change immediately with regard to your Flickr account. You will still access Flickr with your current login credentials and you will have the same Flickr experience as you do now. We will continue to work to make your Flickr experience even better.

We think you are going to love Flickr under SmugMug ownership, but you can choose to not have your Flickr account and data transferred to SmugMug until May 25, 2018. If you want to keep your Flickr account and data from being transferred, you must go to your Flickr account to download the photos and videos you want to keep, then delete your account from your Account Settings by May 25, 2018.

If you do not delete your account by May 25, 2018, your Flickr account and data will transfer to SmugMug and will be governed by SmugMug’s Terms and Privacy Policy.

Read more detailed FAQs about this transition on the Flickr Blog.

We’re happy that Flickr is your home for photography and we look forward to the next chapter in our adventure together as we join the SmugMug family.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea; I got one of them email notices too. Honestly, I'd forgotten I had signed up with flickr back when but sure enough I did. After reading the notice the only thoughts I had were; some folks bank accounts and portfolios just went up and that's it. Unless you owned stock in one or the other company or plan to it don't mean nothing. I've never even used the site. I guess when I signed up I was thinking about a future that hasn't arrived yet. As far as SmugMug is concerned I didn't even know there was such a company or website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm, I have a Flickr account, but haven't used it in a long time. I don't recall getting the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have mine Chuck, you'll have to wash it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heheh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't remember getting one for our account either.

I just peeked at some photos from 2010.  (dang our user group is old - cuz we didn't even have flickr at the start!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines