Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow closing files Photoshop CC 2017

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.

I have a very strange problem after updating to Photoshop CC 2017. Files closing slowly. I want to emphasize that no freezing or lags if i edit file. But each file is closing 15-30 seconds. Even if it's big psd-file or small jpeg . I have this problem on 2 different pc with window 10.  What can be a problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem since last week. 

This helped me. Go to

Preferences/Performance and uncheck Use graphics processor.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks, this works - but at the expense of smooth zooming, etc, when working on images. It's like stepping back into the distant past. I've tried the various sub-options under that one too, and none make any difference.

We're up to the third release of CC 2018 here at the time of writing, with no fix in sight. Crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have that problem in my i5. But in both my i7s, its the same. I wonder why.

What CPU do you run??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting! Both of mine are Ivy Bridge i7's. One is an HP laptop and the other a desktop machine I built myself based on a Gigabyte motherboard. Both run the built-in Intel HD Graphics 4000 only.

It's a pity my backup i5 desktop rig died recently. It used nVidia graphics too, so I'll bet it wouldn't have suffered from the same problem.

Beats me why it would come down to i5 vs. i7. Maybe in your case it's more to do with a generational gap between processors, which would mean different graphics specs. Or maybe the i5 happens to run discrete graphics whereas the i7 doesn't. If your i7 is an Ivy Bridge, we might be looking at a glitch with HD 4000 graphics as the true culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both i5 and i7s are Ivy Bridge with IGPU. I use 6th gen i3 in my workplace without discrete GPU and its smooth over there.

I edit over 100 photographs for ads. And the problem is really slowing me down. And I cant get a hold of any decent GPU because of the shortage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so much for that theory...

Can't you downgrade to CC 2017? Or pick up a GPU that isn't 'decent' enough for crypto mining just to use temporarily? You don't need much grunt for photo editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a used 980Ti today. I guess I will okay for 1 year now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eureka! I just noticed the problem has gone away after updating to the latest version of Avast antivirus. Avast was clearly the culprit in my case, on both computers. It was also causing other problems on the laptop manifesting as high CPU usage -  most notably in Filemaker Pro Advanced.

Hope this provides a lead for anybody else suffering similar problems. Update Avast, or suspect other antivirus programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my photoshop was slow when i closed file, too.
I have tried to uninstall all version of visual c++ (  2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018, 2017. both x64 and x86)
and then i reinstalled visual c++ ( 2013, 2017 both x64 and x86 ), now it ok

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You so much
I was having the same issue & your suggestion solved the case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are OK for disk space, then disabling compression for PSD and PSB files will speed up the saving process, but at the expense of file size.  I am not aware of any ongoing issues around file saving speed, unless you are using OSX Mojave, which has known issues with Photoshop CC.  I don't know if this one of those issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines