• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to specific folder

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed CC Classic after previously using the old LR, however, I no longer get the option to select a specific folder when exporting finished files also I notice that there is a lag when using the sliders. My desktop has an Intel  i7 processor with 16GB of RAM running Windows 7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lag when using WHICH sliders? Be specific

The Export dialog box, at the top, allows you to select what folder your export goes into.

2018-04-21 08_52_50-Start.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any of the sliders like exposure or highlights for example, there seems to be a lag in my computer or the software keeping up however when I previously used LR on a subscription basis two years ago on the same machine  I had no such problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DarrellB  wrote

any of the sliders like exposure or highlights for example, there seems to be a lag in my computer or the software keeping up however when I previously used LR on a subscription basis two years ago on the same machine  I had no such problem

Are the photos from a newer camera that takes larger images? How big are the photos, in megapixels (do not tell me megabytes)?

Did you change your monitor to a larger screen? How big is your monitor in pixels (do not tell me inches)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing has changed the camera is 16mp the monitor is 2560 x 1440 at 60 Hz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two ways to select the destination folder of an export. Whatever was done the previous time, becomes the initial default when you go to do another export. Either you preset a destination using the options in the Export dialog - or, you set LR to ask.

To do the latter: in Export Location, the top option is "Export to:". Select "Choose folder later (useful for presets)".

Next time you export, you will be asked again.

An alternative method is if you have a parent folder that you always want to export to, but to make subfolders inside that case by case. To do this, you can set the parent folder as a fixed destination, and then use the "into Subfolder" option each time, just below, to provide a name for the subfolder, for this particular batch. This might prove slightly quicker to do.

finally: IMO it is well worth saving a set of Export options that you have tested and are happy with, as a named export preset. This way you don't have to rely on the previous export having left things set as you want - and if those have changed, you don't have to then remember how to change them back to your preferred settings. You can just recall your preset by name, and be sure that everything's consistently set as before.

(edit: oh, there are three ways not two. You can also have LR go to the same folders where the respective originals are stored. You can combine this choice, with the "into subfolder" function - which seems to me like a good idea if using this method. But note that will make and use multiple such subfolders, if the originals that you are exporting aren't all imported from the same folder. Personally I like to separate LR managed / imported images, vs exported copies, within entirely distinct places on disk each with a separate folder structure, suited to these two distinct purposes - just as, one might have a different place and system for filing paper prints, than one does for filing film negatives. I use "choose later" usually, and all images in the export batch go together into a new place.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines