• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image dialog box problem

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A small but perplexing development in my RoboHelp 6 application--when I click on the "open folder" icon to navigate to images from the Image dialog box, I cannot access images outside of the project. I can see the images inside the project, and I can manually type in a path in the image text box to an image outside the project and retrieve the image. This is true across all projects, so there is something wrong with the application. Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone recommend a course of action?

Regards,

Sharon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no arrow to the right of the Look In field?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean the Images in project folders: drop-down (in RH6), that exists and has no problem functioning. It is the textbox that reads Image name: that has a look-in folder that does not operate. Strange, but true.

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your operating system there will either be an arrow on the right of that field or a folder icon to the right of it.

Are you saying they are not there or they are but do not work?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm saying that the folder icon does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use dual monitors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting question. No. I use two systems, sometimes simultaneously, but only one has RH open. I am trying to access graphics, in many cases, from a share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

This evening a very similar post to this one came in.

I'm linking between the two in case we find a solution in either thread.

Click here to view the other thread

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here I am, back with a crazy idea.

Since there is no fix for those with RH6, would there be any sense in my taking an older version of my HHactiveX.dll file and placing it into my current projects? I believe this is the file that is causing the problem, but don't know enough about it to know how much danger is involved and whether it's a potentially viable fix.

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Sharon

Did you try moving your project to a folder close to the root?

C:\Projects perhaps?

If not, please give that a try. HHActiveX.dll should have nothing whatsoever to do with your issue.

Cheers... Rick

I believe that was instrumental in the linked thread.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp