• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Z@R####.tmp font is displaying when opening a PDF from Outlook

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening an emailed PDF, the PDF opens using a Z@R####.tmp font.  This seems to happen when a particular company emails their PDF to 1 user on our end and it will display in this .tmp font.  Anyone else can open the PDF attachment fine but this 1 user can't get it to display correctly.  Not sure why her Z@.tmp files won't clear out or why the new PDF is trying to use that font to display.  If we restart the computer and log in as an admin, then I can delete those files and log back in as her and it will work for a little while but the issue always comes back.  She is running Windows 7 SP1 on her desktop.  We have tried resetting her windows profile but the problem follows her.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rebeccam85666349,

Sorry for the delay in response.

This was a known issue in past.

You may visit this blog post and check the workaround: Acrobat/Reader: Z@xxx.tmp files left behind in Temp folder after printing

[Please note: The link provided here does not work any more // Edited by Moderator]

If the issue persists, help us with the exact version of the Operating system and Acrobat/Reader installed. And help us with the environment the user is using.

Will be waiting for your response.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well, but i don't see the temp files in the user profile.

When i copy the font into word it says Z@Rxxx.tmp is the font.

Also your link is broken and i can't find the page.@ !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have same issue like jrahn88...

Since AcrobatReader-Update 2017.011.30068 in November 2017 this problem occurs

with our computers but also with many of our customers computers in other companies.

The problem is, that sporadically some pdf-documents don´t show proper.

This pdf-documents are all without embedded fonts.

If i copy in this case the text from acrobat to word, the font z@r...tmp is needed.

But this font shows the same crap like in acrobat.

After a reboot, the pdf-document is mostly shown proper.

But in some cases the problem comes back after a while.

We all use computers with Windows-7 (x64) and current status with microsoft-patches and updates.

I strongly suspect, that something don´t proper work with the last update of AcrobatReader-2017 in November 2017.

Pleas fix this with a new update of AcrobatReader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thomasg76517331​ Same.

We are at the latest version of windows 10 64 bit, with the fall 1709 update, with the latest version of reader.

The issue just started with the last update from adobe. The documents are using arial font.

Restarting seems to make the issue go away for 2 - 5 documents and then it returns.

I have fiddled with this for days and am finally giving up. We NEED the documents to assist people on the phone.

We are uninstalling reader and having people use edge for viewing documents at this point.

The response from users is has actually been very positive. They can pull callers documents faster and the like the clean interface.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems, problem is solved by Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release 17.011.30070 Optional update, December 1, 2017

Thanks to Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to use NitroPDF instead of Acrobat, and will look at cancelling my Acrobat Subscription shortly if Nitro can do what I need it to. This bug causes me too much down time and frustration restarting, and trying to resolve. I think the resolution is to move away from Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Z error just started this week with my subscription account to Acrobat Pro DC.

The link posted by Tariq in Dec17 has been archived and nowhere to be found.

If support staff could comment as soon as possible, it would be appreciated.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Steveftx,

The suggestion mentioned in that thread was already updated by me on response #10 above: Re: Z@R####.tmp font is displaying when opening a PDF from Outlook

Is this happening with Windows 7 or Windows 10, would you let me know what all suggestions have you tried so far.

Will be waiting for your response.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, has been happening for quite a while, and I've never been able to find a fix from google.

Current version of Acrobat Pro DC is 2018.009.20050 - still happening, very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look into the link provided earlier by Tariq Dar? Re: Z@R####.tmp font is displaying when opening a PDF from Outlook

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link hasn't worked for a while. Just says the link has been archived and I couldn't find the original content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jrahn88 , travb4739968 ,

Would you let me know the current version of Acrobat or Reader installed on your machines? And the name of the operating system installed on your machine?

Also, check if you have this KB installed from Microsoft: KB2993651

Where to check to check in Windows Operating System > Control Panel > Program and Features > View Installed Updates,

at the top right corner search for this KB2993651, if it is installed, try uninstalling, restart the machine and check the issue again.

Also, you may check this discussion: Unable to delete temporary files 

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 x64 1709.

We have ditched reader on the machines having the issue. It was the november version of reader, not sure the exact version number.

I saw this solution somewhere, but it doesn't apply to windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2018.009.20050

Windows 10 Pro x64 bit.

That KB2993651 is for Windows 7, so doesn't assist with my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem and using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.20035 with Windows 10 Home addition.  I don't have the KB2993651 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as said above, the named patch is for Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat - Filemaker, which we use for all our work orders, constantly gets garbled fonts because it picks up the junk fonts Acrobat leaves behind. Very frustrating. This on Windows 8 and the latest version of Acrobat DC - I used Acrobat XI beforehand but upgrading did nothing to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a message to try this and it worked for me.

"Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please navigate to Acrobat's Preferences>Page Display>Toggle the "Use local fonts" settings and see if this brings any difference."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed the November 2017 patch, but the garbled font issue continues.  It is only after file from certain entities.  The only "fix" is to reboot my computer, which I have to do this five to ten times a day.  I need a real fix or I will need to move the company to Nitro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines