Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

legacy title - white text on black/gray background

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Such a simple task but I don't know how to do it. I need to write subtitles (I use legacy titles) for 1 hour length interview and I want to use white text with a grayish transparent background. Example - any kind of youtube video with an option for subtitles, or https://cdn.tutsplus.com/vector/uploads/legacy/qt/2012_QT/qt_14_highlight_text/final%20product.jpg How do I achieve this effect?

Thank you,

G.R.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

There is, you just have to select the rectangle shape (if that's what you mean by background) and change the fill color

you have to select whatever element yuo are working with and change its parameters

if you want to change the color once for all rectangles, create only a rectangle in the legacy title

the open another legacy title and type your text

Copy and paste the Text by ALT + dragging

Copy and paste the rectangle using copy paste or simply drag it from the project panel, when

you double click o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using Legacy titles you can create subtitles using captions option in Premiere Pro CC which would be easier and faster for creating subtitles.

Have a look at following tutorials -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhHG4f-9MBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0_UO8fBPIg

In case you want to create subtitles using legacy title option only then have a look at the image below -  

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 4.50.47 PM.png

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Can you please explain how would I do that using caption option?

Is this the only way for legacy titles? Seems a lot of extra work, and and titles do not look good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to add for the video I shared, drag using Alt + drag and not copy and paste, in order to create

a second copy of your legacy title so that you can edit each one separately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your answers. I find using legacy titles easier, too bad the extra work for background colouring puts me off. There is a button in open captions option for background colour, why there isn't one in legacy title?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is, you just have to select the rectangle shape (if that's what you mean by background) and change the fill color

you have to select whatever element yuo are working with and change its parameters

if you want to change the color once for all rectangles, create only a rectangle in the legacy title

the open another legacy title and type your text

Copy and paste the Text by ALT + dragging

Copy and paste the rectangle using copy paste or simply drag it from the project panel, when

you double click on it and edit it, it will edit in all the other rectangles on the timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also try this mogrt I found for you on Adobe Stock if you are on CC 2017.1 and up :

Dynamic Subtitles stock graphic design and motion graphic templates | Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this quick video tutorial I prepared please

Dropbox - legacy text.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines