• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom - problems reading photos

Participant ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of re-organizing the Lightroom library on an office computer to make it easier for everyone in our building to find certain photos when needed. In the process of adding and removing keyword tags to/from several images, I had an error message pop up telling me that there was a problem writing metadata to some of the files. Now, suddenly, I have 2,000 photos that LR is telling me it cannot read. When I click on these images, I get an error message that says, "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments to this photo". It does not say that the photos are missing and I know that they are not missing because I can click "Show in Finder" and it brings them right up. Lightroom just can't read the information in the photos. Any idea what is going on and/or how to fix this issue? Please do not suggest removing and re-importing unless you believe that is truly the only option because these photos are scattered in multiple different folders on our network and contain several keywords in LR to keep them organized. If I have to re-import and re-tag all of them, that could potentially be hours of work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom are you using? What computer has the catalog? When did this happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC - version 7.0.1. This is on a late 2015 27-inch iMac. I have attached a screenshot of system information. This just happened today as I was adding keywords to a few photos.

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 11.30.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Install the latest version of Lightroom. It's version 7.3 at the moment.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines