• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In-Out Duration in Metadata Display

Engaged ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I know it's in there and I must be looking right at it, but could anyone point me to where in the endless choices in Premiere's bin metadata display I can find a heading that shows me the duration of my clips from mark in to mark out?

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

It's the video duration column which shows the marked duration, as opposed the media duration that shows that full clip length. You may need to add video duration to the Metadata Display:

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 6.50.35 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the video duration column which shows the marked duration, as opposed the media duration that shows that full clip length. You may need to add video duration to the Metadata Display:

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you MtD. I knew it was there, I just didn't know the name.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Meg+The+Dog  wrote

MtD

MtD,

I just noticed that only works on clips—and, in all fairness, I did ask for clip in-out. But what if I want a column heading to display sequence in-out? Video Duration doesn't seem to do that for sequences.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin,

Check "Media Duration."

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in a business where we conform and broadcast massive amounts of footage and we're finally switching from FCP7 to PPCC. I'm hoping that this issue is corrected in the newer versions, but due to being stuck between having to support both FCP7 and PPCC while we test and switch, we can't upgrade to the latest version just yet. 

What I'm seeing is that the (Media Duration) column displays the entire length of the sequence, but I'm looking for the {IN TO OUT} Duration. At first glance, It looks like the (Video Duration) column displays the same thing as the (Media Duration) column. Upon further inspection, what the (Video Duration) column displays is the Duration calculated by the (Video In Point) and (Video Out Point) columns. Perfect! That's exactly what I'm looking for. But it doesn't seem to work correctly. The (Video Duration) column displays the total duration between the listed (Video In Point) and (Video Out Point) in the metadata display, but the trouble I'm having is that the (Video In Point) and (Video Out Point) columns do not update according to the In/Out Points on the sequence. I can manually enter the (Video In Point) and (Video Out Point) in the metadata display and THEN the (Video Duration) column will display the correct duration, but that doesn't tell me if the actual sequence In/Out points are set correctly. I need to be able to quickly verify the sequence In/Out points and duration. I would expect the metadata columns to properly display this information and update it according to the timeline.

I've been using the Timecode window that displays MASTER / DURATION / IN TO OUT but it seems to me that the In & Out points on the sequence should update the (Video In Point) and (Video Out Point) columns. Is this not the case? Is there a different set of columns that I should use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I know this is an old and supposedly correctly answered post, but this is not working for me. I get the same duration in both the Media Duration and Video Duration columns even though I have in and out durations (not comprising the entire sequence) marked in the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines