• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets Can't Be Used In Catalogs LR 7.3

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to LR 7.3. I lost all of my presets. I was able to reinstall. But a) my presets can only be used in one catalog. When I create a new catalog, the presets don't migrate with the exception of specific types. b) in the main catalog that the presets do work, it shows as profile missing. Is there a way to work around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two questions-

1) Do you subscribe to Creative Cloud?

2) What does your LR Menu>Help>System Info report your Version NUMBER of Lightroom?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do subscribe to CC. I’m using LR classic.

Says I’m using 7.3. I’m completely up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen-clip? of the top portion of the report from-  Menu>Help>System Info

You are using multiple catalogs- ok?

Do you have the Preferences for any of the catalogs set to [Store Presets with this Catalog] ?

If you do use this option then it is possible that one catalog has its Presets in a companion folder, and another catalog is looking to the 'Global' location for Presets.

Use the Preferences\Presets dialog in each catalog to show where your presets are stored.

ScreenShot107.jpg

Also read this blog for details on file locations- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-file-locations/

Not sure I understand the "Profile Missing" question. Profiles appear or disappear depending on the type of file (raw,JPG) being viewed, or the camera type. And are you referring to Camera profiles or the 'new' Artistic, Modern, profiles in Classic 7.3?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The develop presets are not stored in the location shown by "Show Lightroom Presets Folder".   To find the develop presets in Lr7.3 you have to right-click a preset and select "Show in Finder" or the equivalent Windows command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ta Bob. "right-click a preset" -the new and fast way .  7.3 has some new learning for me!

I have been using the 'old' method and scrolling up the folders above the Lightroom folder to Camera Raw \ Settings

The OP's statement "I lost all of my presets." needs some clarification to assist more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is also a new way to create a NEW preset folder.  The menu command Develop/New Preset Folder doesn't even work.  Now you have to create a GROUP when creating a new preset.  Strangely, Lr does create a new folder named after the group but you can not go to the NEW LR 7.3 preset location and manually move the presets around and have the changes reflected on a Lr restart as FOLDERS have no meaning to the preset.  The GROUP is stored in the XMP file and the actual location of the preset is ignored by LR.  There must be some reason for this design only known to Adobe.     See here for more info.  Lightroom Classic 7.3 Menu command Develop/New Preset Folder no longer works | Photoshop Family Cust...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines