Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program window is black no matter what.

Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I was editing a video. Then I saw there's a new version of Premiere. I updated (to this April's update (2018)). After that my program view has been black. And it isn't just a black spot in the video, except if it is frozen to a black spot. I have tried looking other clips, and other stuff, but it stays in black. Audio works perfectly. I haven't done any color grading to the video, so it should not be up to that. If I try to render, it can render 0 frames in about 5 hours. Also, I am having a prompt saying something like

I have no workspace changes, at least any that would be important to me.

Could someone help me with this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi teemuj,

Sorry for the issue. What is the exact file format & codec of the footage? Please create a new project & check if the issue persists.

What are the system specifications(RAM, OS, GPU model, GPU driver version)?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have tried it with another project (with the same video clips).

Now I tried with older clips (that had no problems). They work. Only those newer clips don't. Weird.

Here are the details I was able to get (I marked which clip it is to the left-up corner):

Details.pngdetails 2.png

PC specs are pretty new. (I built this myself 2 months ago)

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Asus GTX 1070 TI

GPU driver: 391.35

Intel i7-8700 @ 3.7GHz

Asus ROG maximus x hero

Samsung 850 EVO

Corsair CMK16GX4M1A2400C16 Vengeance LPX 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 2400MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Black (name straight from Amazon)

I think PSU or fans don't matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi teemuj,

Thanks for the detailed info. Please check if the files are getting imported as Audio only.

There is a known issue with the current version related to this.

If possible, share a screenshot of the Premiere Pro interface with us to understand better.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines